Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

clothing
Old
js6seaj

Default clothing - 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM

Is there any way to change the clothes on people in Alice?

Only in HeBuilder and SheBuilder People Objects
Old
blootow

Default Only in HeBuilder and SheBuilder People Objects - 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM

I believe you can only change the type of clothes of the people made from the hebuilder and shebuilder objects.

See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shebuilder.jpg (14.6 KB, 55 views)

thanks
Old
js6seaj

Default thanks - 03-31-2009, 04:55 PM

Thanks, just having fun with the Alice program for now. I would like to learn how to make animated people for a game or other things some day. From what I'm learning so far that is going to take a lot of work.

Old
DrJim

Default 04-03-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js6seaj View Post
Is there any way to change the clothes on people in Alice?
For most - not all - of the gallery characters you can also decompress (I recommend 7-Zip, it seems to handle the most formats) the .a2c file and find a texture file. You can then modify that file and import it (.png format is best) as a new texture for the object.

thanks
Old
js6seaj

Default thanks - 04-09-2009, 06:06 PM

Not even sure were I would start on finding a texture file. I'm finding out than even what I would think as a simple thing such as walking or making a bird fly, etc is going to take a lot of thinking and trying.

Old
g-whizz

Default 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM

hello.
say if you want to change the look of the pitch on the stadium or the clothes on the handsome prince etc etc. right click the object - say the stadium. and save the object as. save it as an a2c file. then minimize alice and right click the a2c stadium that you've just saved. click rename and change the .a2c to .zip. A warning will come up you just say yes. then open it. you'll see a load of folders. open the \texture file.
you'll see an image.png file. open it. now when you open it, it'll look like a mess. but the flat stuff, the stuff you want to change will be easy to change. like the pitch from the stadium would be simple to change from an american football pitch to a soccer pitch. easy.
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Last edited by g-whizz; 05-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.