Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

making objects?
Old
l33tn1nj4

Exclamation making objects? - 11-14-2006, 02:04 PM

Ok there has got to be a way to create objects in like CAD or Maya and then import them in to alice. Or if there is some other way to create objects I need to know.

Also there has to be a way to edit the textures of alice obects.

There is nothing more annoying when you have an object and it have like 2 parts!!

any way plz post and give me feed back

Importing into Alice isn't very easy.
Old
DrJim

Unhappy Importing into Alice isn't very easy. - 11-14-2006, 05:08 PM

Suggest you start by doing a search of the forums with the key word "Biturn". That is a conversion program some of have had some luck with and there are several postings about it and related topics.

Question for you...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Arrow Question for you... - 11-14-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tn1nj4 View Post
Ok there has got to be a way to create objects in like CAD or Maya and then import them in to alice.
I have a question about your question: Exactly what kind of object are you trying to create? I'm only curious because I'm currently working on a First-Person shooter with several homemade weapons (thanks to the Shapes ), but it isn't anywhere near being done anytime soon.

Quote:
Also there has to be a way to edit the textures of alice obects.
Now this is the fun part. I haven't had much experience in editing alice textures other than importing .JPEG or .BMP files from Paint or something. For instance, today, I got bored in class and decided to make a huge room with smiley faces on the walls, floors, and the ceiling too. Scary, yet satisfying...
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Smiley Complex.a2w (224.6 KB, 775 views)

Last edited by Shadow Sovereign; 11-15-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Adding smiley world

What not to make??
Old
l33tn1nj4

Talking What not to make?? - 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM

i really just like to have the freedom of creating any object i need for my projects. currently i am creating a penguin platform game. so what ever i need for that, which is going to be a good bit. th3 p3ngu1n g4m3 1t 15 g01ng t0 pwn th3 n00b5 . i also want to create e chopper simulator and i noticed that most of the army coppers have limited parts. ( like who does not want to create a Comanche that fires on stuff and blows stuff up!!) .

Last edited by l33tn1nj4; 11-14-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Lol, just like tripp
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Cool Lol, just like tripp - 11-19-2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
th3 p3ngu1n g4m3 1t 15 g01ng t0 pwn th3 n00b5

You remind me of Tripp (thetrippster)... Tomorrow I'll make a post and an attachment, and you'll see what I mean.