Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 5
Old
meelabean

Default Assignment 5 - 10-09-2011, 11:58 PM

Completed assignment five. Much easier this week since the program didn't quit on me every time I inputted a command. Hopefully the bugs are worked out.

Assignment 5 complete
Old
todd0312

Default Assignment 5 complete - 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM

Hello there:

Yes, the actual assignment was easy. I made mine really, really elaborate, though. My methods of what would take place in the three possible scenarios... were very long. I tried to create my own walk method, but I ended up having to start over from scratch using the pre-set walk for my avatar. I used about 10 different dummy cameras to handle my camera angles. I had 3 characters with... I don't remember, about 20 different poses combined. I think using that many poses created some glitches with the program. When I had music playing, it caused the program to crash full on.

I had really complex movement sequences... like the bouncer pushing my poor avatar up in the air and to the ground... because he was too young. That took forever.

I copied and pasted my code into a Word document, and it ended up being 14 pages long. It had been longer, but I had to take a bunch of stuff out because of program crashes. If I had included the methods I had to "nix", it would have been at least 20 pages.

So... it was an experience. I should have kept it simple. Then I could write posts about how easy the assignment was. My bad.

I only needed 2 variables and the nested "if-else" statements were straight-forward, so the "basic" programming was "easy". I just got carried away.

Take care guys,

Todd

Last edited by todd0312; 10-11-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typos: information left out

Old
hammerone

Default 10-16-2011, 07:13 PM

Wow, you make me feel like I didn't do enough. Mine was a simple scene of the bouncer talking to the camera as if he were talking to you. The key was the if else statement that checked if the number submitted was 21.

Last edited by hammerone; 10-16-2011 at 07:19 PM.

code for walking
Old
mtayborn

Default code for walking - 10-21-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd0312 View Post
Hello there:

Yes, the actual assignment was easy. I made mine really, really elaborate, though. My methods of what would take place in the three possible scenarios... were very long. I tried to create my own walk method, but I ended up having to start over from scratch using the pre-set walk for my avatar. I used about 10 different dummy cameras to handle my camera angles. I had 3 characters with... I don't remember, about 20 different poses combined. I think using that many poses created some glitches with the program. When I had music playing, it caused the program to crash full on.

I had really complex movement sequences... like the bouncer pushing my poor avatar up in the air and to the ground... because he was too young. That took forever.

I copied and pasted my code into a Word document, and it ended up being 14 pages long. It had been longer, but I had to take a bunch of stuff out because of program crashes. If I had included the methods I had to "nix", it would have been at least 20 pages.

So... it was an experience. I should have kept it simple. Then I could write posts about how easy the assignment was. My bad.

I only needed 2 variables and the nested "if-else" statements were straight-forward, so the "basic" programming was "easy". I just got carried away.

Take care guys,

Todd
Will you post a copy of the programming code for walking forward

Assignment 5
Old
MEC

Default Assignment 5 - 10-24-2011, 11:03 AM

I also made mine simple. Did not try to add any other person then the bouncer.