Default Halo 3D Model(anyone have one) - 12-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Does anyone have halo 3D Models?
I want "Master Chief" a "Grunt" And one of those "Elite Guys"
Oh and an "Assalt Rifle (with a bullet somwhere inside or somthing)"

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 11:51 AM

I don't know of any, personally. Try searching on google to see if anyone has something free that's compatible with alice. If not, you could always try modifying the ranger model to look more like halo, or try making your own with simple shapes (using Alice) or with a 3d renderer (there are a few free online, but I don't know if they're compatible with Alice or not)

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 02:40 PM

I actually found a few online, for free, but they are in a format that Alice doesn't accept. I'm trying to learn how to convert them now.

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Hey, I think that I have a gun saved on my laptop that is already in an alice world. It isnt a Halo assault rifle, but it is a really well made rifle. Ill look for it and reply with an edit.

Yep I found I found it. The rifle has a strange axis I think, so you have to use that cone to orient it. Instead of vehicle the gun to you, vehicle the cone to you and the gun will follow.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w rifle.a2w (346.8 KB, 335 views)

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-21-2008 at 02:51 AM.

Old
DrJim

Default 12-21-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
The rifle has a strange axis I think ...
One of the many hazzards of making your own models. Make very sure you have the objec's center and orientation where you want them before you export it from the modeling program - something I way too often forget.

It also helps to get the scale correct for Alice before exporting, although this is much easier to fix in Alice.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-21-2008, 12:51 PM

here's the one I found. I have to put it on wikisend since Alice won't upload that stuff.

http://wikisend.com/download/562008/masterchief.3ds

(')>

Old
("Robby")

Exclamation 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Yep I found I found it. The rifle has a strange axis I think, so you have to use that cone to orient it. Instead of vehicle the gun to you, vehicle the cone to you and the gun will follow.
I tried to load this world into Alice 2.2, and I am getting an error message saying that Alice can't open the file. Why would that be?

Old
DrJim

Default 12-21-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
I actually found a few online, for free, but they are in a format that Alice doesn't accept. I'm trying to learn how to convert them now.
I did a quick search but came up with way too much data to sort through when I really don't know much about HALO. I do know it's the basis for the Red vs. Blue videos - some of the best machinima around.

If you have a specific model, I'd be glad to give it a try. Some of the ones I found were in .3ds format with textures - fairly straightforward to convert - but others were in formats that would probably require Milk Shape (or Blender?) to convert.

Woot! I found a fellow Red vs BLue Fan! My favorite's caboose.
Old
cbb2296

Cool Woot! I found a fellow Red vs BLue Fan! My favorite's caboose. - 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
I did a quick search but came up with way too much data to sort through when I really don't know much about HALO. I do know it's the basis for the Red vs. Blue videos - some of the best machinima around.

If you have a specific model, I'd be glad to give it a try. Some of the ones I found were in .3ds format with textures - fairly straightforward to convert - but others were in formats that would probably require Milk Shape (or Blender?) to convert.
Im just lad you don't like Arby and the Chief more!