Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Chris101b

Default 01-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Wait, what? The directions do appear in the beginning. The first paragraph is the back story, and when you click on the next button, a paragraph tells you how to play, and then when you click next again, the game starts. I apologize for this game though, when I was making it, I barely knew how to make games. The design of the game is a little cluttered. (This is actually a pretty old game of mine) I am working on Infiltration 2 now. Well, I was, but then I was also working on War Zone 2, and then I stopped working on that for about a month now because I am a senior this year and school has really been getting to me. Ill have to start working on them both soon again (After I apply to the schools I want to go to. I'm also in the play, so I might be slow at starting)

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
Meatwad

Default 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM

not to bad man, but why dont you use a different gun that looks more realistic? If you need some I can easily upload some.

Old
Chris101b

Default 01-31-2009, 04:11 AM

Well, I don't want to use a modern gun, I wanted to use a futuristic gun. Plus, that weapon is almost a symbol of me now. I have used that in every single video or game that I have made. It looks good and I think it is pretty well made. Look for the Infiltration 2 beta and download it. I am trying to make the game much better than the original. Right now, the beta has nothing to accomplish, you just run around and mess with the controls of the game. I want to get the gameplay right before i start making the full game. In that game, there is an alternate firing mode, but no secondary weapon.

Old
dubastot

Thumbs down 04-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Way too confusing! And choppy, improve on the animations.

Old
dubastot

Cool 04-30-2009, 06:21 PM

I know I couldn't do better, but I have played games like Crysis and Call of Duty 4 before so I have high expectations.

Old
HisWorld

Default 05-01-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
I know I couldn't do better, but I have played games like Crysis and Call of Duty 4 before so I have high expectations.
wow are how could you relate something like that? That like saying the best independent film at some college is not good because you've watch the move 300.

haha, this is a game one person spent time making, those games your are talking about cost 10's of millions to produce by design teams in total of more than 100 people who all spent several years.

Come on put this in perspective alittle before you comment like that.

Old
Chris101b

Default 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM

Yeah, I know that it isn't as good as crysis.... you are really comparing this to crysis..... REALLY?? But I have another game (Sequel) That i am "Currently" working on. The animations are much much much better, and the coding is much more complex. This game was made when I had no clue how to use variables and all the things that you need to use to make a truly good game. But now that I have figured all of that out, my other game is much better and bug free (at the moment).

Now, right now the game isn't really a game, it is an engine beta. That means that I am just trying to get the characters movements and stuff down before I actually start adding content (enemies, AI, environments, etc.). So there is currently no objective, all you can do is run around, shoot, reload, zoom in with a sniper, and roll. There is also a health system, so you can press J to hurt yourself and after a while, your health will start to heal. Here is a link to that game. Maybe this one will please you.

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=2013

Tell me what you think.

Old
jakembob

Smile 06-03-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
I made it using the bad guy robot. I morphed him into the shape of a gun and and made it smaller. I used that same model in the Halo 3 Starry Starry night trailer that I made a while ago. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYIAbkdAwM
i love your videos, and check out my random alice shorts!

Guess your right
Old
dubastot

Default Guess your right - 06-14-2009, 06:54 PM

Okay, I guess you guys are right. Hundreds of people spend a few years making those games.

Battle grounds
Old
jediaction

Talking Battle grounds - 11-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Check out the game battle grounds. I made that one. It is also a First Person Shooter and its like battle front

Last edited by jediaction; 11-03-2009 at 10:30 AM.