Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Anyone mind looking to see how I might clean up this code: sound event project
Old
todd0312

Red face Anyone mind looking to see how I might clean up this code: sound event project - 11-18-2011, 02:59 PM

Hello friends:

I have finished this project, and it works fine for me - but for some reason, my professor is unable to open it. If it runs on my semi-low-end HP laptop and old HP desktop, I'm not understanding. I've posted several projects on the forums, and no one has had trouble opening them, but for some reason... he can't.

I'm guessing it is because I am new to programming, so the code is less than clean and crisp.

One of the possible problems: My entire storyboard centers around a character who is sleeping, and there are a couple of mouse events and a key event to get the other characters to play a sound (along with an animation to wake him up). So - I chose PJ - the character in the nightgown - only to realize how limited he is. The only way I could get him to look natural moving from a prone to sitting up position, was to use 2 PJ's - using one of them for the top half (hiding the rest of PJ1), and the other one for the bottom half - again - detaching his upper half - making it invisible and hiding it. This is hard to explain. You would have to see the program to understand. THIS IS ONE ROUND-ABOUT WAY I USED FOR THE ANIMATION - THAT COULD HAVE CAUSED SOME PROBLEMS.

I did remove some unused dummy cameras (I used a lot of dummy cameras) and a few unused objects, so that decreased the file size by 1mb.

I have attached the file. Anyone who could take a look and give me some advice... I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Todd:
Attached Files
File Type: a2w sleepy PJ.a2w (5.57 MB, 6 views)

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM

It loads fine for me, it even loads fine on an old version of Alice. This world doesn't particularly break any rules, or push the boundaries - so it should work fine. Are you sure the teacher was opening the right world?

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 11-18-2011, 07:28 PM

I can run it just fine. I get errors with your sound files every once in a while because of the way your sound files are encoded. If you ever get your hands on a legitimate media encoder, then the settings you want are:
WAV, PCM 16-bit, mono or stereo, any bitrate, non-floating point.

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 11-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
I can run it just fine. I get errors with your sound files every once in a while because of the way your sound files are encoded. If you ever get your hands on a legitimate media encoder, then the settings you want are:
WAV, PCM 16-bit, mono or stereo, any bitrate, non-floating point.
If you run it through Audacity and export as a WAV it tends to work all the time. In the export dialog it says "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM", which is basically the same as what you just said it should have Mr K.

█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬