Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

New Page
Old
Dameria

Default New Page - 10-31-2009, 04:34 PM

I have decided to write post #11 just so that people coming in to download will not have to go back a page, and here is the same post that was written for Clock 2.0:

Ok, I have been working on this for a while now, and I made a better version of the Clock. The reason why I had the hour wrong is because I was using Alice 2.0 and there must be an error while using time on that version. I downloaded 2.2 today and I actually like it a lot better (although it will take a while to get used to). The time for me actually works correctly on 2.2 for me, so I fixed that.

New Additions:

I added a new clock design that will be noticeably different from the old one that I had in the first version. This one is a modern clock now, HOWEVER you can also click anywhere on the clock to change it back to the original Clock wooden design from the first version (if you like that one better).

Also, I think this is cool, I added a new Digital Clock in the regular Clock, so now not only will you see the ticking clock version, but a digital one as well. Thank you cardsfan527 for the post of your digital clock, you helped me to design the one that I used for my program!!! You really helped a lot.
If you do not like the look of the digital clock, you can click anywhere on the digital clock and it will disappear, and click again for it to reappear.

Oh and I also added an AM / PM on it so that it will tell you whether it is lets say 2:46 AM or 2:46 PM instead of just 2:46. The AM is to the top left of the clock, and PM is on the top right. I did not make any scripts to make these disappear.

Please try the program and tell me what you think, or if there are any errors, and what I should add for version 2.1 (and if there are a lot of changes, version 3.0!)
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Clock2.0.a2w (439.4 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Dameria; 11-01-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2009, 04:52 PM

This is still very good. My only question now is what next? Do you plan on making it more complex and functional, like a stopwatch or a world clock? Or do you plan on tying it into a game, like to change it from day to night?

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 10-31-2009, 05:44 PM

Those are some pretty good ideas. I was thinking about like what you did in ResidentPenguin where you have that menu with the guns and stuff, I could have a menu that you could choose like Stopwatch, Timer, Alarm, Time Zones, etc. The only thing is I'm too lazy to do that stuff lol! And also I have a busy weekend and no time during the week right now, so I can't work on it anymore.

Everyone feel free though to use this program in any programs you want to put it in.

Old
Dameria

Default 10-31-2009, 09:36 PM

By the way here is the Clock2.0 version again just so you don't have to go back to page 1:
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Clock2.0.a2w (439.4 KB, 26 views)

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 10-31-2009, 10:54 PM

wow! i love it!

Old
shikhargo

Default 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Thats cool, how did you do it

Old
Dameria

Default 08-17-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikhargo View Post
Thats cool, how did you do it
I spent a lot of time on it when I made it, but that was about 10 months ago. I used the functions for getting the exact time from the computer and just rotated the clocks hands from there according to what time it was. It was a cool little application that I made a long time ago.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Clock
Old
cedricdosss

Default Clock - 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Very cool, I'm looking at the program try to figure out how you did it!!

Tags
clock, time