Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

A really quick Alice project?
Old
LuisN

Default A really quick Alice project? - 04-28-2010, 08:50 PM

Well, I am now going to inform you of things that you don't really care about and don't really need to care about considering they have very little to do with the actual question but you have to read it anyway in order to get to my question and answer this thread. My big brother bought me a power supply that I needed because my last power supply did not have enough power to fuel my video card. Since he lives in Mexico, he had it shipped here and I got it in about a week, during this week our teacher assigned us a final project to do for the class, on Alice, since the integrated motherboard on my computer was not enough for Alice I could not run Alice on my computer. So, as she assigned us this I realized that I didn't have to come in after school because by the time the power supply came I would have around 3 days at my house to do the project. With this in mind I came up with this whole elaborate project, an RPG that would consist of many many methods and all sorts of things. I obviously had bitten off more than I could chew because it took me several days to just put in half of all the objects in my world that I needed (the class only lasts about an hour). I just told myself as long as it comes on time, hopefully earlier, I will stay up all night doing the project. The power supply came, I plugged it all in, and he got the wrong one, to little power. So, now I am left with roughly 3 days to do this project (including today), and I obviously can't finish the project I had planned even if I do come after school for an hour (that's as long as the teacher stays, that or possibly 2). Basically, I need another project, I have already run through several in my head that will be quick and easy but earn me only around a B at most. I only have 1 day to do it at school though, 4 hours at most if I stay during lunch, in the morning, and after school. Any ideas for this project? Please help me... Wait did I post this in the wrong place?

Last edited by LuisN; 04-28-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Cats are too cute.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-28-2010, 10:51 PM

When in doubt, go simple.

I recommend a vehicle game of some sort. Making an object move with the arrow keys is easy to do, and adding ambient objects is easy and expected for scenery. Don't worry about collision detection (that'll take too long). If you want a better grade, add something no one else in your class has, like a time trial mode, or a nitro meter to go faster, or a choice of several cars or something along those lines. All of these are innovative but easy to implement.

(')>

Old
Cindy

Default 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisN View Post
Well, I am now going to inform you of things that you don't really care about and don't really need to care about considering they have very little to do with the actual question but you have to read it anyway in order to get to my question and answer this thread. My big brother bought me a power supply that I needed because my last power supply did not have enough power to fuel my video card. Since he lives in Mexico, he had it shipped here and I got it in about a week, during this week our teacher assigned us a final project to do for the class, on Alice, since the integrated motherboard on my computer was not enough for Alice I could not run Alice on my computer. So, as she assigned us this I realized that I didn't have to come in after school because by the time the power supply came I would have around 3 days at my house to do the project. With this in mind I came up with this whole elaborate project, an RPG that would consist of many many methods and all sorts of things. I obviously had bitten off more than I could chew because it took me several days to just put in half of all the objects in my world that I needed (the class only lasts about an hour). I just told myself as long as it comes on time, hopefully earlier, I will stay up all night doing the project. The power supply came, I plugged it all in, and he got the wrong one, to little power. So, now I am left with roughly 3 days to do this project (including today), and I obviously can't finish the project I had planned even if I do come after school for an hour (that's as long as the teacher stays, that or possibly 2). Basically, I need another project, I have already run through several in my head that will be quick and easy but earn me only around a B at most. I only have 1 day to do it at school though, 4 hours at most if I stay during lunch, in the morning, and after school. Any ideas for this project? Please help me... Wait did I post this in the wrong place?

woww luiss..
your in some deep trouble... lol