Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

In Game Sensitivity Tutorial
Old
sfunk

Default In Game Sensitivity Tutorial - 12-20-2014, 06:38 PM

Hello Alice community,

I have recently been checking out a few worlds that people uploaded to the forums and have noticed that turning speeds and controls in general seem to be somewhat clunky due to speed control.

I decided to make a quick world in which shows you how to set up a sensitivity control or character speed control which is completely accessible while mid-game to allow on the fly change of your characters speed and turning speed.

Sorry for not making a video on how to do the coding and set-up of everything, but this is pretty simple and just uses basic variables user inputs.

I hope this is helpful to those starting out with Alice and want to add something a little unique to their game.

The "Instructions" method contains text that tells of the controls and how to use the world.

Thanks for Checking it out and Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w In Game Sensitivity Tutorial.a2w (1.44 MB, 16 views)

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Awesome!
Old
AliceAndConnor

Thumbs up Awesome! - 12-21-2014, 01:23 AM

Just when I was trying to think how to create sensitivity control for my FPS from your suggestion, I see your post! Thank you for doing so, I really didn't have a good idea at all on how to set it up until this tutorial!

Since I'm just using my moble device right now I can't download the example world but I will soon!

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D