Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Giving Tower defence a go
Old
hd123

Default Giving Tower defence a go - 06-10-2012, 10:23 PM

Hey guys. I'm doing a simple program for an assignment. There are still some things to tidy up around the place... So, ignoring the annoying tinny hit sounds from the cannons, what do you think?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Tower.a2w (13.51 MB, 13 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 07-25-2012, 09:59 AM

Sorry for getting back so late, but here are my thoughts: It's very cool. I was impressed with the smoothness of everything, but you can move the towers after they are placed. There is an error when the lighthouse objects hit the enemy. Maybe adding prices for all the defense weapons would make this game more engaging. Give the player 5$ every time they take down an enemy and make the lighthouse like 30$. The sounds were fine but different sounds would help out. Once that's all done, you should work on the visual style. Maybe make a menu? Hope this helps!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
drellem

Thumbs up 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM

I liked this a lot. More features would be great, but it is definitely fun.

Old
hd123

Default 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. I did make a lot of changes to this before submitting (polishing here and there). It actually got me an ok mark for the assignment so I was pretty happy. The criteria were pretty simple such as design specification, passing arguments, writing algorithms, altering attributes, loops and the use of an array/list. Once these things were done there was no real need to go on to make extra levels and improve the gaming experience. Was fun though.

Cheers,

H