Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Return,Random Number Text, Letter Input
Old
Sharpie

Exclamation Return,Random Number Text, Letter Input - 04-20-2014, 08:49 PM

After adding a return segment to an If/Else how do I change it into a true/false selection? Pressing the arrow-key brings up all other options except a true/false.

How does an object randomly change numbers after a method is finished? For instance, I want an object to say "5" then same object to say "7" for next method. I've used parameters but it ended up calling the starting numbers twice in a row instead.

And is there a custom-way of adding letters in an input event? Alice is apparently missing the letters "i" and "L" from the drop-down menu selection.

Try this...
Old
jrrTolkien

Wink Try this... - 04-20-2014, 09:41 PM

In 'world' in the 'functions' tab, there is a 'random number' area. Create a numerical variable, then drag the variable down, and say set variable to... (choose any number) and then drag the 'random number' in where the original number. I attached a few images showing the whole process.

-jrr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (16.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (16.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (16.6 KB, 11 views)

Boolean
Old
jrrTolkien

Cool Boolean - 04-20-2014, 09:42 PM

For true or false, you must create a function (Boolean), and drag an if/else, then say, if (something), return true. The return is at the bottom of the screen. Also, where else goes, put return false. I also had a screenshot of that in the last post.

-jrr