Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Suggestion Box

Alice ONLINE
Old
Slim Jim

Smile Alice ONLINE - 10-29-2009, 12:14 AM

Would anybody else here see a use for Alice entirely online, where you have a membership to the (online) program, and just use your computer as an 'alice portal' type of thing? I'm not sure how best to explain it, but if you see resulting videos from an online program like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42c8Gf_0_RE
or just see a website that does this (www.xtranormal.com, etc.) I'm sure you'll see what I mean...

It would mean fewer downloads at upgrade time. It would be nice for shared computers where your significant other is nervous about over-downloading to their hard drive. It would also finally let Alice be usable on school library computers where downloading is at least somewhat difficult, and often prohibited. Oh, and did anybody say "Linux"? (Linux users could still use Alice through a browser...)
All we would need is one more tab that says "program" in that empty space right after the "log out" tab at the top of these forums, and "File -> Save your world", or maybe a "send world to email" option.

What do you think?? ... (I want it...)

Thanks.

Slim

Nice Idea
Old
KaiChang

Default Nice Idea - 11-04-2009, 08:31 AM

This would be a nice idea, but it would also mean a lot of work.
Although there should be a hybrid, both on the desktop and online.

Its a good plan

-Kai