Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Make the helicopter blades move in this assignment?
Old
Explotography

Default Make the helicopter blades move in this assignment? - 09-10-2010, 12:41 PM

Create a world with a list containing four Helicopters. One at a time, each helicopter should have its propeller turn (the propellers should stay in motion infinitely), and rise to the same height, still in the camera’s view. A message should appear from each windshield, indicating its readiness for the mission. At that point, all four helicopters should move off the camera’s view in the same direction.

I've tried making the lists but I can't figure out how to make the propellers turn after that.

Here we go again!
Old
debussybunny563

Arrow Here we go again! - 09-10-2010, 02:26 PM

Lots of people ask the same questions.

I already helped someone else out with this problem.

The thread is here: Helicopters and Jets Assignment

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
dougeetx

Default 09-19-2010, 03:32 PM

Do Together.. Do in Order... and While <true> are your friends.

Old
debussybunny563

Thumbs up 09-19-2010, 05:02 PM

In animation, Do Together and Do In Orders are necessary for certain (and most) procedures.

In making games, While and If/Else statements are essential, and in no way can be overlooked.

Learn to love all aspects of Alice programming (except the ever-so-prevalent error messages. Grow to hate that Red Queen.).

However, nested If/Else statements can get tedious.
The following line of code is merely used to display the number of magazines in my FPS game. The red lines were placeholders I used since I had to take multiple pictures; ignore them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demo1.jpg (75.2 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg demo2.jpg (75.5 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg demo3.jpg (90.1 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
dougeetx

Default 09-21-2010, 08:13 AM

My way was much simpler. Checkout my world. Of course, I added some extras to mine. Gotta spice it up some!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w airwolf.a2w (890.0 KB, 214 views)

this is just me, might not be the best for you.
Old
FatRefrigerator

Default this is just me, might not be the best for you. - 09-22-2010, 10:14 PM

I made a world in which army choppers fly from their carrier and land somewhere else.

I managed to get the choppers to takeoff by having the blades spin slowly at first and then reach full speed and then continue at that speed for the duration of the world.

NOTE: Once the final chopper has landed and says "Good job team!", the world is over, the blades are on an infinite loop so it won't actually end itself, but believe me, it's over. I had one person say that he sat there for a whole minute waiting for something to happen.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Choppers on Carrier.a2w (997.0 KB, 162 views)

Tags
arrays, lists, loops