Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

please help-making working health bar
Old
sfunk

Default please help-making working health bar - 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM

i know there are a few post on here of people asking for help on health bars, but none really apply to what im trying to do, i im trying to set it up so i have 10 blocks over the enemy, which would be the helath bar, i want it so each time i click on the enemy, one of the blocks will dissapear (which i would cause the opacity to be 0.0 to cause it to vanish) if anyone could please help by explaining using a list method or something? im new to this program, and only know a limited amount, please and thank you if you help!!

Old
David B

Default 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
i know there are a few post on here of people asking for help on health bars, but none really apply to what im trying to do, i im trying to set it up so i have 10 blocks over the enemy, which would be the helath bar, i want it so each time i click on the enemy, one of the blocks will dissapear (which i would cause the opacity to be 0.0 to cause it to vanish) if anyone could please help by explaining using a list method or something? im new to this program, and only know a limited amount, please and thank you if you help!!
I will make an example program, and when I am done, I will post it here. Please hang in until then.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM

Actually, I have a shield in my Halo Game. I can make an example to. David, if you would like, I could do the example to save you the work. I have a great idea, plus the shield in my Halo Game is perfect!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
sfunk

Default 03-02-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Actually, I have a shield in my Halo Game. I can make an example to. David, if you would like, I could do the example to save you the work. I have a great idea, plus the shield in my Halo Game is perfect!
well i dont want the life to be regenerated, unless you pick up a health pack, atleast that was my plan, but that is an ingenius idea! i was going for the feel of older games lol, the classic life bar over the enemies head depleating after getting hit, and the same for the player of the game, i would appreciate seeing both styles though since i could use your technique in a later game if it wouldnt be to much trouble to show both styles?! thanks though for your guys help i appreciate it

Old
jediaction

Default 03-03-2011, 07:33 AM

The shield is complicated and I would not recommend it for beginners. SO I will do a normal bar

Here is my example. I tried my first one, but it didnt work so I did the next best thing. Its a smooth health bar. When you loose health, the bar goes down smoothly. Click the guy to make his health go down. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Health_Bar_Example - 2.a2w (643.8 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by x2495iiii; 03-03-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Double-posts

Old
sfunk

Default 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
The shield is complicated and I would not recommend it for beginners. SO I will do a normal bar

Here is my example. I tried my first one, but it didnt work so I did the next best thing. Its a smooth health bar. When you loose health, the bar goes down smoothly. Click the guy to make his health go down. Enjoy!
Thank you so much!! everyone that i have talked to on this forum are incredibly insane with this program (in a good way of course!!) this method that you created i actually understand too, i tried something like that before, but was having difficulty keeping all the boxes from dissappearing at once lol, but thank you so much! and hopefully once i get more into the program at a later time, you will be able to show me the shield health you created!

Old
jediaction

Default 03-03-2011, 03:56 PM

np. Anytime!

Old
David B

Default 03-03-2011, 05:43 PM

There are multiple ways to make a health bar, but I will post a simple one later.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Yes there is. I do the 2 ways that I like best. The shield recharging will be posted another time.

Old
David B

Default 03-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Since tonight is the weekend, and I don't have any other homework, with a little more tweaking, I will be able to post the health bar. Please hold out until then.