Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Trying to make space invaders game
Old
carson22792

Default Trying to make space invaders game - 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM

is there any way to make it so that if the laser beam collides with the spaceship at any point during the program, it will "set spaceShip is showing to False"

also what is a good way to set this up with like methods and classes and stuff? i am not good at alice, just trying to cram in this project for school and mine is messy

Old
dakota95

Cool 12-12-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carson22792 View Post
is there any way to make it so that if the laser beam collides with the spaceship at any point during the program, it will "set spaceShip is showing to False"

also what is a good way to set this up with like methods and classes and stuff? i am not good at alice, just trying to cram in this project for school and mine is messy
for the laser detection, yes, there is a way.

1st. Create new method
2nd. Put an if else statement in the method(if/else statements are found at the bottom of the page).
3rd. Say "if laser is within '2' meters of 'spaceship'" "then spaceship is showing "false". (just drag the is showing tool from the spaceships properties to the if/else statement)

hope this helps

<Insert_Signature_Here>