Bad game, needs a lot of work 6 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old
ElectricKirby

Default 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones989 View Post
Hey Jediaction,

I was looking at Arty-fishL's posts and I came into a file called Community Objects. I opened it in alice and saw that it included a master chief model. Since you were making a halo series and the post ^ i thought it might be helpful.

Here's the link to the Thread:

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4889

Cheers

Jones989
It's also untextured, and has a horrible pivot. And it has no subparts

My Favorite Resources:
Uploading Images - http://tinypic.com/

File Sharing - http://www.4shared.com/

Textures - http://www.filterforge.com/

Convertible Game-Ripped Models - http://models-resource.com/

Music - http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/gamelist

Old
reaper1395

Default 06-15-2011, 03:45 PM

its great, it actually does run somewhat smooth on a decent computer, it got pretty jerky at some spots though, maybe the collision detection acting up?

thanks for making that

XBL gt: R3APER 359

Old
jediaction

Default 06-15-2011, 06:18 PM

Just let go of the controls and shoot in place if you have to. Jump gets the bullet fire away, but let go of the controls for a split second and the frame rate jumps up.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
jediaction

Default 06-23-2011, 11:04 AM

Everyone who has issues with lag, should look at this. I am posting a major update on the second thread. It is a big announcement! Halo 2 is almost done

Everyone please look at the halo 2 page for updates on the game. But it might contain spoilers.

Last edited by jediaction; 07-12-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 07-16-2011, 11:21 PM

Does the game work for everyone now?

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 07-17-2011, 07:13 AM

sigh...

6.0 and 6.2 give me 404 errors and the other Wikisend versions are different files, so I'm stuck with the 3.0 version.
It wasn't too bad. The mouse aiming was off though, and do the enemies do anything in 3.0?

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Last edited by DensetsuNoKaboom; 07-17-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 07-18-2011, 10:05 AM

Yes, but they just stand still and shoot. If the frame rate is bad, then you won't notice it. In Halo 2 they are updated a bit. Sorry for the errors. What OS are you using? It is definalty your computer.

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM

Note: Only works (for me) on Alice 2.2
Note2: Wikisend links are broken. Luckely I got the game before this happened. You can still go to wikisend but when you hit download than you get an error...

Anyways I got it to work and decided to review it. This is my first review I've made for a game that people have acually seen (I don't know if my other reviews that I've made on small websites we're seen by anybody, I'm talking, websites I made...) so here goes...

Note3: My insperation for reviewing games comes from IGN

-------------------------------------

Snowfire Games Presents...

A Video Game Review of:

--Jediactions Halo: The Generator--

Jediactions Halo: The Generator will be reviewed in 4 categorys so that readers will be able to view what went well with the game and what didn't. Categorys are: Presentation(Story, Tutorials, GUI, Cutscenes, HUD) Audio/Video(Graphics, Environments, Music, Sound Effects, Voice Acting) Gameplay(Gameplay), Lasting Apeal(Achievements, Easter Eggs, Extra Modes, Length of Game)

Presentation
------------
The Presentation aspect of Halo: The Generator, is probably is greatest. GUIs are look great, and the Halo: Reach concept art displayed in the credits is cool too. Tutorials are told through text that look very good. My one gripe about these little text-tips is that they cram a lot of information in really quickly. It would've been nice if the developers had a segment of the game where you see your first enemy and it says 'Left Click to Shoot' and than another section where there are a lot of Elites and it says 'Press F to throw grenades'. There isn't much story but during the cinimatic areas of the game jedi definately suceeds.

Audio/Video
-----------
This game looks great. It could've been better, but there are plenty of detail to please the human eye, and people who hate playing alice games with a city layed out and than a giant never-ending field of grass surrounding it, can rest knowing that this game does the exact oposite, even if the collision system doesn't apply for enemies. (an elite jumped right into a rock, never did see him again...) The bullet sound isn't the greatest but it could've been a whole lot worse. Luckely, the sound aspect is helped out by Marty O' Donnells beautiful music, despite the fact that it can be laggy at certain times in the game.

Gameplay
---------
The gameplay makes the game, as you probably know. But that's where this game really does dissapoint me. Elite AI is pretty dumb, they shoot you and evade when you get too close to them. So it's basically a challenge of who can shoot the heck out of each other the fastest. The Elites won't kill you before you kill them and your HP regenerates too. Going too close to them and forcing them to trigger their AI is the dumbest move you can make because you can shoot them from a medium distance anyways and trying to adjust you aim to keep shooting at them is impossible, yet they'll keep shooting at you. Still these are only minor issues with the game. The big problem is with the general aiming system. It's buggy and doesn't work like it should. Describing it is difficult and you'd just have to see it to know what I mean. Sure it'd be perfect if you were making a FPS game where you head directly forward and never look back, but that's not the case with this game. The one good thing I have to say about the game is that the level design is very intricate and there are plenty of unique challenges you have to complete in order to progress through the game, and The Covenant make this no easy task. Unless you want to run right pass them of course, and this is an option as it does work.

Replay Value
------------
Another of the games weak points. There would be no reason to replay the game. Sure, you got your achievements and most of them are fun to get. (sorry, I ment, 2, since there are only 3. The other one is reloading 20 times.... you'll get that from playing the game) Plus people who are more of Alice fans than Halo fans will find 3D text with the names of various Alice Community members scattered about in plain sight. (some are harder to find though) But these little extras aren't enough for the whole game to be worth playing through, in my opinion anyways. Since the camera angle is so glitchy and difficult to use, you'll find it impossible to play the game, or get your camera angle in the right position, either that or you'll get in crazy positions that you can't get out of (like upside down)

The Verdict
-----------
It's pretty obvious that Jediaction put alot of work into this game, they tried to add elements that first person shooters on PC should have, but Alice just didn't like that idea. Hopefully these issues will be resigned in the next Halo game of the Chrome games halo series, but for now we're just going to have to wait and stick with this game if we wait that long.
Presentation - 9.5/10
Audio/Video - 7.5/10
Gameplay - 5.0/10
Replay Value - 4.5/10
The game could've been better, but it also could've been alot worse. However, Jediaction did his best to make this game the best it can be, despite the restrictions of Alice, and for that Halo: The Generator receives a:
7.0/10(Good)

PS: Final Score is decided based on a rounded version of the average score that the 4 categorys received.

Edit: If these errors are CPU specific than let me tell you that my OS/Alice version is:
Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Alice 2.2

Last edited by Nighthawk0973; 07-19-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Wow. Thanks for the review. I was waiting for someone to do it. I know about all the issues you stated and am fixing as many as possible for Halo 2. Again, thanks a lot because you are very detailed. Love the seperate scoreing for each subject.

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Hey no prob. The people I've reviewed games (in this detail like I do with all games) on usually get mad at me saying I was to strict. Seems your a true game designer in realizing that a bad review doesn't mean your game sucks, it just means your game needs some work to get a good review.

Can't wait for Halo 2, I've always wanted to play a Halo game...

Tags
amazing, awesome, best game, fps, great music, halo, homemade, lag ftw, need work, sweet, x2495jjjj