Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Saving Highest Score
Old
park35142

Default Saving Highest Score - 12-13-2010, 06:04 AM

I'm using Alice to create a game and wanted to have a final page with the highest score.

How do I first of all create the highest score?
Secondly, how do I save this so when I upload the game next time the highest scores are still there?

I've been told this is not possible, if it is could you let me know. If it is not could you give me a reason why?

Thanks

Sorry
Old
Waspinator1998

Unhappy Sorry - 12-23-2010, 07:02 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure that's possible.

Old
room14

Default 12-23-2010, 07:22 PM

You can.

:D

Old
CodyAM1993

Default 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM

You can create a number variables to hold the highest scores during a single play. However, there is no way to save numbers to a list of pre-existing high scores. For example, if you play the world and obtain a high score, then stop the world and play it again your high score will no longer be stored in the variable. I actually came across this issue with a Pac-man game I was making, and ended up not using high scores. This would definitely be a good idea to add to Alice 3.0, but I don't expect it because this isn't a very urgent issue.

It can be done
Old
MrMoke

Default It can be done - 12-31-2010, 01:57 PM

Zonedabone had an answer to this problem earlier in the year, but you have to reactivate jython scripting in Alice to make it work, or at least add the script anyway. He has example worlds to demonstrate, with an explanation of how to turn scripting back on.

I've been toying with using the scripting tool to include Java methods with limited success, but the need will probably disappear when Alice 3.0 gets out of Beta.

Finally got Java script to run, and can access Java Libraries. I also use Eclipse and Netbeans, so having JDK might be required

Last edited by MrMoke; 01-02-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Java scripting works