Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How can I use "capture pose"?
Old
TrietDHASE60763

Default How can I use "capture pose"? - 11-24-2010, 07:15 AM

I see object "hebuilder" uses many "set pose" statements. I want to use it but I can't.
For example, I want my Kangaroo to jump. So, I turn its right leg forward 0.1 revolutions. Capture pose, and name it "jump". Then I turn its right leg backward 0.1 revolutions so that it's back to its normal state. After that, I drag the pose "jump" to the script, click "play", but nothing happens.
Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TrietDHASE60763; 11-24-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Old
Animat0r

Default 11-24-2010, 08:55 AM

There would be an easier way to do this instead of capturing the poses. Just put the "leg turn" methods directly into your "world.my first method" (or other method like Jump) and play the world that way. Use the "do together' buttons to make the kangaroo do different things at the same time.

Does that answer your question?

Old
TrietDHASE60763

Default 11-24-2010, 09:19 AM

Thanks. But if the action is complex, it's very difficult to turn object back to its normal state. So, I think using "pose" is better. But I don't know why I can't use it

Poses
Old
MrMoke

Smile Poses - 11-26-2010, 10:15 AM

Typically, the Pose is best applied to the "entire" object. Make a rough draft. maybe on paper, of what the pose should look like.
There are then two different ways to put the character into a new Pose, but several steps are necessary.

First:
1) Click on the name of the "Entire" object in the Object tree, and create a "Default" pose. This allows you to get back in case you really mess up.

2a) For quick and dirty Poses.
Method 1: In the Add Objects pane, click the "Affect Subparts" checkbox. Then use the control buttons, and your mouse, to select individual subparts, and manipulate them into the desired positions. When you are finished, click the name of your entire object in the Object Tree, and create the new Pose.

2b) For more precise poses.
Method 2:
Create a temporary "test" method for your character. Then drag movement commands into the method to put the character into a more "precise" position. Once you have the method working, you can issue each command directly from the Object Tree window to create the desired position changes. Then click on the name of the "entire" object, and create the new pose. Delete the "test" method.

3) Return the character to the "Default" Pose, and start on the next.

Last edited by MrMoke; 11-26-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Ya-Ya

Old
TrietDHASE60763

Default 11-30-2010, 05:04 AM

Uhm, thanks for your help