Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Suggestion Box

rectangle or box with modifiable height width and depth
Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default rectangle or box with modifiable height width and depth - 11-04-2017, 05:53 PM

Is it possible to create an object that has modifiable height, width and depth ratios? The current objects allow resizing but only of the whole object, as far as I can tell there is no way to make something like a box which is a given height but wider or narrower the given box.

Such an object would be great for things like collision detection within objects.
As one example, having a parachutist land on the deck of the aircraft carrier is difficult because the deck is not an accessible subobject, but If I could create a box of the right size and overlay it on the carrier deck then I could use the new object to either direct an object to the deck or to determine if the object reached its goal.
I would be interested in other ways to accomplish something like this but the modifiable box is what comes to mind when I try to program a problem like this in Alice.

Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 11-14-2017, 05:00 PM

The "resize" method has a "dimension" parameter which lets you resize the object from top to bottom, front to back, or side to side. That may be useful for you. However, I don't know of any way to do it in the editor, which would be a really handy thing to have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 11-20-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuNoKaboom View Post
The "resize" method has a "dimension" parameter which lets you resize the object from top to bottom, front to back, or side to side. That may be useful for you. However, I don't know of any way to do it in the editor, which would be a really handy thing to have.
Thanks! I never knew those options existed. I wonder how many other options are available but unknown.

Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org