Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Hours of work and then Error
Old
Ult1mateK1ll

Unhappy Hours of work and then Error - 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM

I'm not sure what happened exactly. But i do know that it affected all of my backups as well. When ever i attempt to run any of them i get an error message telling me
Unfortunately, something else in this world is already named "index," so you can't use that name here.

But it won't let me into the world in order to fix the issue or just to get my methods back.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-14-2009, 10:53 PM

Oh boy... I hate those kinds of errors. That should be an additional feature, in my opinion: an option to delete all references to the offending object to at least allow access to the world.

Well, there is one thing I could try, but it may not work. (It's worked for me once, but I haven't been able to get it to work again lately).

Post your world as an attachment and I'll try it.

(')>

Old
Ult1mateK1ll

Default 12-15-2009, 12:20 AM

i would post my world for you to try but it turns out that it is 1.1 mb to large
so if you could tell me that would be nice if not ill try to find some other way to get it to you

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-15-2009, 12:35 AM

I guess you could try it yourself. Here's what I was going to try:

Extract all files from the .a2w file. Either use 7-zip, or change the extension to .zip and use your default unzipper. Then, look closely at all the files and their contents for anything that contains the name index and delete it (or better yet, see if it'll let you rename the files). I'd also try and find anything that talks about the number of elements in the world (like the element count hint) and subtract1 from it.

If that didn't work, I'd experiment with deleting other objects or references until the world at least opened.

If it doesn't work for you, I can still give it a try. Post it to wikisend.com and give me the download link.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-15-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Tags
alice, error, fail, help me