Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

H e l p!!!!!!!
Old
Gamerfail

Exclamation H e l p!!!!!!! - 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM

Ok i need some help GUYS!!!!!! I've tried to work and fix my Alice Program just today with no SUCCESS!!!!!
P.S. I use Alice in School so i use it on a usb...

1. Whenever i use it on the school computers (OS 2000 or i think 2003 XD)
2. When i get home to use the program it works fine when i click slow and steady Alice and IfAliceFailsTryThis. UNTIL TODAY!!!!! AGH!!!!!! HELP!!!!!
3. Problem: Whenever i try to open Alice using any of the 3 programs I'm always getting a loading of Alice then POOF! gone! (This just happened to me today and yesterday it was working fine... )

Steps i try to do in order to fix this Alice Program (Btw im using Alice 2.2)
1. I went to this forum and re-did all instructions accordingly towards this.
2. downloaded the new tutorials stated in a thread here. with no success.
3. Download the Alice Program AGAIN! and tried to start-it up with no success either... Q_Q (fyi i download the Alice 2.2 program again XD)
4. Tried the compatibility with every single one INCLUDING WINDOWS XP SP3...
5. I even added the download tutorials into the new Alice 2.2.
6. Restarted my Computer to check both versions on my usb and teh downloaded version 2.2 and 2.2
7. I uninstalled my Java and tried everything again with no success
8. Used my old usb with Alice 2.2 and it nearly worked... but still it goes from loading Alice to NOTHING!!!!
9. Also another problem i encountered which i have already looked through within these forums is the problem when i use "IfAliceFailsTryThis" before it goes "POOF!" theres a program with it saying "registered successfully then right before the program crashes, there is some other words also, but i can't read it fast enough because it crashes before i can read it. The solution i found was screen Print it. (but i'm experiencing the same problem with that guy in some random thread... )

Possibilities...
1. Could try to download Alice 2.0 But I'm not sure the project I'm currently working on will work again in Alice 2.0 and vice-versa
2. I could try Alice Beta 3.0 but i prefer 2.2 for my project because everyone else is using 2.2...
3. I'm Getting the same problem with everyone here. Q_Q because I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit...
4. Also when i tried this on my sisters comp(vista) it worked flawlessly... Q_Q

Please if anyone can hear me I NEED HELP!!!!! I need to finish this project using Alice...

P.S. Question I have my project on version 2.2 and if i download 2.0 can i convert it into 2.0? and if i can then can i switch it back to 2.2?

Old
David B

Default 12-20-2010, 05:16 PM

I have taken your possibility list, and added little comments in bold red text under each possibility you listed.

Possibilities...

1. Could try to download Alice 2.0 But I'm not sure the project I'm currently working on will work again in Alice 2.0 and vice-versa
Alice 2.0 files are also in A2C. format, so all files made in 2.2 should work in 2.0 (and vice-versa).

2. I could try Alice Beta 3.0 but i prefer 2.2 for my project because everyone else is using 2.2...
Okay. I told you that Alice 2.0 and Alice 2.2 both save in A2C. format, and you assume that Alice 3 Beta is the same. Well, this may suprise you, but it isn't. A new feature in Alice 3 Beta has required that Alice 3 Beta cannot support A2C. files, and therefore Alice 2.0 and Alice 2.2 files cannot be opened in Alice 3 Beta. Don't even bother suggesting that a compatibility system be added, because I already started a thread suggesting it, which you can click here to see, and the response was negative. If you still want to try convincing the Alice team that this is a good idea, I suggest you post something in my thread, and maybe they will consider incorporating it into Alice 3. Besides Alice 3 Beta is no good anyway, and many key features for it are still being developed.

3. I'm Getting the same problem with everyone here. Q_Q because I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit...
Sorry. I can't help you there.

4. Also when i tried this on my sisters comp(vista) it worked flawlessly... Q_Q
It may be your computer. Try re-installing Alice again, even though you may have tried already. If that doesn't work, try Alice 2.0. Also, upload your file so that I may try it on my computer.

ty
Old
Gamerfail

Default ty - 12-21-2010, 12:17 PM

Phew... (YAY!)

For now i downloaded the Alice 2.0 version and now when i tried to open it it worked flawlessly . now I can work on my project and turn it in in 2.2 version .

TY!!!,

Old
David B

Default 12-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerfail View Post
Phew... (YAY!)

For now i downloaded the Alice 2.0 version and now when i tried to open it it worked flawlessly . now I can work on my project and turn it in in 2.2 version .

TY!!!,
Good luck, if you need my help again, simply post. I don't check all threads, but if I check most of them. Speaking of which, I could use a little help myself.

Here are some threads that I have started asking for help. Please check them out, and tell me what you can.
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5728
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5697
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5743

Last edited by David B; 12-21-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Old
Mortgage FL

Default 08-23-2011, 03:07 AM

Its very happy to hear that we have someone for help us. specially for junior members..

http://allaboutweightloss.org/weight-loss-diet/no-white-diet

Last edited by Mortgage FL; 09-01-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Old
beachbum111111

Default 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM

Download alice 2.2 from kenai.com, it worked for me.

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"