Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

View Poll Results: What kind of a weapon switch system should I implement?
Ability to switch between all weapons 15 44.12%
Can only have two weapons at a time (must go to a certain place for more options) 19 55.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-19-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post
At X, do you have to download a certain program to open Alice files as .zip files?
7-zip. It's free, powerful, and intuitive. Get it now.

Old
debussybunny563

Question 08-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
7-zip. It's free, powerful, and intuitive. Get it now.
How do I find out if my computer is x64 or 32-bit?

Also, I'd like people to start making more suggestions now on features to add/change.

I think I'm going to make a starting menu from which you can only choose one 'class' of weapons, which is basically a primary and secondary to carry around.

Any features you'd like to see? Things like a HUD (what to add on it), weapons to add (though I can't guarantee I have a usable model. Generally kind of picky on what to use, as I need subparts for things like magazines), etc.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM

thats a strange mix of terms, you should have x86 and x64 together OR 32 bit and 64 bit together in a sentence, not mixed, not that it makes a difference or that anybody cares.
In Vista (im sure its the same in 7, dont know about xp) go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System and it should be written after "system type:" . 64-bit is x64 and 32-bit is x86.

Im really liking this so far.

The enemies still do seem not very aware of you even when they are staring right at you. They can be quite random. I chose veteran and began killing from where I started and they never once saw me. I started in recruit and they all saw me straight away and started shooting. Also the ammo count is now half off the screen for me, even when not aiming down my sights.

Also do you mean categories for classes like in battlefield bc2? Like medic, recon (you need some sniper rifles), assault, engineer or like in mw2?

Dont be a copycat, but the HUDs in jedi's FPSs are very good.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Last edited by arty-fishL; 08-20-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Old
debussybunny563

Red face 08-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
The enemies still do seem not very aware of you even when they are staring right at you. They can be quite random. I chose veteran and began killing from where I started and they never once saw me. I started in recruit and they all saw me straight away and started shooting.
Hmm. I have it so that you still have to be within a certain distance of the enemies for them to see you, 'cause it's a snow level and there's some fog.

Also, if you're lying down, you can sneak up closer without being noticed, so I think the reason they saw you once and not the other time is that you either got closer to them or stood up, since you start out lying down.

Quote:
Also the ammo count is now half off the screen for me, even when not aiming down my sights.
Did you ever move things around? They're fine for me, even after playing it MANY MANY times.

Quote:
(you need some sniper rifles)
In fact, I'm implementing the AWP right now.

Update and whatnot on semi-automatic fire.
Previously the Desert Eagle was 'full-auto' in that you could hold down space and it'd fire repeatedly (if you've played it before, you know what I mean).
Now, you have to press space for every shot, so I was able to get a semi-automatic system.

The AWP is also semi-auto. Aiming is interesting now, as the AWP is a sniper rifle, and it has a scope.

I searched google for "png reticle," found a large and good quality (~1600x1600 pixels) picture that suited my needs (couldn't just be a circle with lines, it had to be placed on a black background-you'll see).
Opened in GIMP, deleted the white, and imported into Alice.
The black doesn't stretch to the entire screen, but two black squares on either side solves that (though with minor problems that I'll hopefully solve later).

A snow level without a sniper rifle does seem to lack something.

However, I also added silencers to the M4, UMP, and P90, so that would kind of make up for it.

Quote:
Also do you mean categories for classes like in battlefield bc2? Like medic, recon (you need some sniper rifles), assault, engineer or like in mw2?
Never played Battlefield Bad Company 2 before.
I basically mean each class is just a pair of weapons.
So, it'd be like
Class Sniper: AWP and P90
Class Recon: UMP and Desert Eagle

Quote:
Dont be a copycat
4 deaths=copycat

Found out, it's a 32-bit.
Thnx!

EDIT: I actually added this quite a few days ago, but the health system is revised.
Instead of the previous "if enemy is within so-and-so meters of character, lose this much, else lose this much," there's a formula so that the damage you do always varies at different ranges and whatnot. Also, if you get a headshot, you can get lucky and you'll get a x2 damage multiplier.

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

Last edited by debussybunny563; 08-20-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 08-21-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
EDIT: I actually added this quite a few days ago, but the health system is revised.
Instead of the previous "if enemy is within so-and-so meters of character, lose this much, else lose this much," there's a formula so that the damage you do always varies at different ranges and whatnot. Also, if you get a headshot, you can get lucky and you'll get a x2 damage multiplier.
Just to say. Ive made a ton of FPS games on this community. From experience, your gonna want sound. Its gonna make your game a whole lot more exciting. I cant say My Halo game anymore because Zone is helping out. But, "Our Halo Game" has sounds and is gonna be epic.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 08-21-2010, 07:36 AM

I don't like having sounds in Alice games. I'll put them in, but I don't like them cause occasionally, based on how much the computer is particularly screwed when I get on, the speakers will fail, causing any game with sound to be unplayable until I fix the speakers, which is a long and tedious process involving restarting the computer approximately 592,176 times, waiting for that one moment where both the sound and Internet actually work at the same time.

...So that's why I say, no sound please. But of course it's your game, you can do what you want.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Sound
Old
debussybunny563

Unhappy Sound - 08-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Sound's probably going to come last.

One of the main problems I have is that sounds like gunshots I download are prolonged in that each shot could be a 3 second clip.
There's the actual gunshot, but then it also includes the echo, which I definitely don't want.
In automatic fire, using these sounds there will be pauses inbetween the bursts.

Also, I definitely agree with jedi in that sound ups the quality of a game.
However, to Densetsu and all others who don't want sound, I'll release a version with no sound as well.

For now though, no sound.

BTW, if you find any good sound clips with no echo after the main gunshot, let me know.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Sans-echo gunshots sound terrible. You're supposed to code it so that the sound is played by different sources over top of each other. That way, the last shot still has the echo, making it sound realistic.

Old
jediaction

Default 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuNoKaboom View Post
I don't like having sounds in Alice games. I'll put them in, but I don't like them cause occasionally, based on how much the computer is particularly screwed when I get on, the speakers will fail, causing any game with sound to be unplayable until I fix the speakers, which is a long and tedious process involving restarting the computer approximately 592,176 times, waiting for that one moment where both the sound and Internet actually work at the same time.

...So that's why I say, no sound please. But of course it's your game, you can do what you want.
k

Old
jediaction

Default 08-21-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Sound's probably going to come last.

One of the main problems I have is that sounds like gunshots I download are prolonged in that each shot could be a 3 second clip.
There's the actual gunshot, but then it also includes the echo, which I definitely don't want.
In automatic fire, using these sounds there will be pauses inbetween the bursts.

Also, I definitely agree with jedi in that sound ups the quality of a game.
However, to Densetsu and all others who don't want sound, I'll release a version with no sound as well.

For now though, no sound.

BTW, if you find any good sound clips with no echo after the main gunshot, let me know.

But it storm. I found a way to have Echo gun shot sounds with automatic sounds.

Tags
cool, fps, game, gun, gun shooting game, shooting, x-final