Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
BrennanWaddell

Default 10-19-2012, 01:16 PM

Could you post it to filechimp? Mediafire doesn't work on my computer.

Sometimes they don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Old
jdlowe

Default 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Why don't you post to wikisend or one of those file sharing sites like megaupload.com or mediafire.com?
o oh god i spent a month on a game and i move the point of view dummy and now the aim doesnt work right!! I already added way too much to undo so how do i fix it? Is there a way i can type in the coordanites its suppose to be?

Old
jediaction

Default 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM

If it is a dummy position glitch, then try making the dummy set vehicle to a random object so you can move it, then re-position it to where it looks right again. From what you are claiming, I believe I had the same issue as you so what I am saying above should help. By the way, this isn't the only game. I have used this aiming system in multiple games including "Hero's Remastered" and "Halo." You can also find my example project with just the system here: http://alice.org/community/showthrea...ht=basic+mouse.

To be honest, I can't remember what I did because it was so long ago and haven't used it in a very long time. It was a modified version of anothers work as well which doesn't help me today to tell you what I did. Try looking at the link I gave you above and see if that helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 10-22-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Old
jdlowe

Default 10-28-2012, 12:04 AM

Ok so i recreated your camera movemnet method but may you tell me how you position the x axis? I tried orienting it to the point of view, and other things but it doesnt work right. Does it have to be a certain height from the dummy and does it have to be a certain size and/or position located above the dummy? I would realy apriciate it, for i am making an fps game of my own and i would like to understand this.

Old
jediaction

Default 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlowe View Post
Ok so i recreated your camera movemnet method but may you tell me how you position the x axis? I tried orienting it to the point of view, and other things but it doesnt work right. Does it have to be a certain height from the dummy and does it have to be a certain size and/or position located above the dummy? I would realy apriciate it, for i am making an fps game of my own and i would like to understand this.
I'm sorry, I can't remember what I did. If you download my FPS Movement file you can see how it works. I do remember that the camera does have to be positioned very precisely. This was mostly used for collisions with the FPS Movement, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Old
jdlowe

Default 11-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Ok so when i turn, the whole camera moves a little bit with the turning, so like you arnt standing in the same place when you turn. Is the new camera movement better?

Old
jediaction

Default 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlowe View Post
Ok so when i turn, the whole camera moves a little bit with the turning, so like you arnt standing in the same place when you turn. Is the new camera movement better?
This game uses the old FPS System or a slighly glitched one. Check out Hero's Remastered for the best version, or my FPS System.