Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Unable to Unzip archive
Old
alannovember

Unhappy Unable to Unzip archive - 02-09-2012, 07:34 AM

I have downloaded Alice 2.2 and am trying to extract the archived files. I have tried using the Windows archive manager and also WinRar. I am using Windows XP Pro. WinRar has given me this:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Buildings\BurningBuilding.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Environments\ConcertStage.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Environments\Skies\Sky.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Hawaii\Laulau.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Hawaii\Plants\Lei.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Hawaii\Plants\Orchid.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Hawaii\Transportation\CanoeDouble .a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Medieval\Horse.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Musical Instruments\TimbalesCowBell.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Nature\BirchTree.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Objects\DataRecorder.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Objects\SolarPanel.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\People\Urban\Nate.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\People\Walking People\FidgetSaturndance.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\People\Walking People\GossamerFlameglimmer.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Pilgrims\Cornucopia.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Roads and Signs\StopAheadSign.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Skate Park\SkaterGuy.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Space\HyperionRobot.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\gallery\Spooky\Gate.a2c. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\jre\lib\rt.jar. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Alice2.2.zip: CRC failed in Required\tutorialWorlds\space.a2w. The file is corrupt

I downloaded Alice 3.0 Beta and it works fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Old
jediaction

Default 02-09-2012, 08:21 AM

Alice 3.0 Is probably going to work because of how new it is. You are using Windows XP so that might do something. Make sure you downloaded the right version. Download it again, and try using WinZip. That is a lot of corrupt files. When I have that issue, I just download again.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM

The most common case for a corrupt archive is because your internet connection disconnected in the middle of the download and your browser still lists it as "Complete". Every other case is when the uploader uploads a corrupt file. ZIP archives have been compatible with every OS since 2004 (XP) so there is no chance that your OS has anything to do with the failure.