Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Character moves out of screen, camera moves also
Old
logicaldeath

Default Character moves out of screen, camera moves also - 10-08-2008, 03:37 AM

Can anyone give me advices on how I can make the world moves whenever my character moves beyond the screen?

For example, my character moves to the right and it goes all the way till it's beyond the screen now. I need to know how I can still make my character visible when it moves out of the screen i.e. the camera moves to the right as well.

Hope someone can understand what I'm saying. If this was previously answered in a previous thread, please point the thread to me 'cause i've been searching for help/advices to this problem the entire night on this forum but was still unable to do so...

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicaldeath View Post
Can anyone give me advices on how I can make the world moves whenever my character moves beyond the screen?

For example, my character moves to the right and it goes all the way till it's beyond the screen now. I need to know how I can still make my character visible when it moves out of the screen i.e. the camera moves to the right as well.

Hope someone can understand what I'm saying. If this was previously answered in a previous thread, please point the thread to me 'cause i've been searching for help/advices to this problem the entire night on this forum but was still unable to do so...
I've never thought of it quite this way, but I believe you could simply move the camera to focus in on a different part of the world. For example, try causing the object to be the vehicle for the camera. (I've never tried it - let us know if it works.) This might be the way to write a side-scroller using Alice. Then again, what is a side-scroller in a 3D world?

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free Scratch tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm
Free Java/C#, etc. tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

a little help from army of the pharaohs
Old
ArmyOfThePharaohs

Default a little help from army of the pharaohs - 10-08-2008, 12:43 PM

ok after you move your character you should click on your camera and move the camera back words to get a bigger shot so you can still see your charaacter. also you can put in a do to gather to make the camera and character move at the same time.

Answer
Old
twopointohaliceuser

Smile Answer - 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM

There is an easy way that the camera would follow the character you are focusing on. Simply press camera icon in the top left box. There will be three tabs in camera's details (properties, methods and functions). Click on properties and click on the scrolling tab right next to vehicle. Scroll down and click on the object you want camera to follow wherever it goes. When you play it, the camera should follow the object. I hope this helps!

Tags
camera