View Single Post
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-10-2010, 07:39 PM

Yeah I was thinking about a different loading screen, just I'm not sure what to make yet.

+Rosethorn accuracy is fixed now thanks to a cool mathy formula I thought up when I was half-asleep. Works like a charm and pierces like it should. Cool stuff.

+Auto reload installed and working. When ammo reaches zero, the current weapon will reload. My next task here is to add a clip system to limit the total amount of ammo available to the player.

+A few reload bugs fixed. Primarily had to do with auto-reload not triggering and, for some reason, preventing manual reload as well. Not sure how, but I fixed it.

+Adding a new weapon: the shardsplitter. Pretty much a shotgun, but with a cool name. Will destroy tanks in one shot at point blank range, but weakens with distance.

But the coolest part is definitely

+Found out a VERY useful tidbit about Alice: functions with parameters can be run simultaneously with different parameters for different if/else statements and return accurate results untainted by errors. This means that, instead of lots of huge if/else conditions in each bullet's method, they can each call the same function, pass different parameters, and get the desired results at the same time.

In other words, collision detection just got a whole lot easier. Already integrated it into the world for the beam and bullet collisions and works like a charm.

I'll post today's work when I'm finished with the shardsplitter and a few other things. Right now it causes tanks to die twice in a row, then respawn randomly.