View Single Post
Old
arty-fishL

Default 05-05-2012, 05:32 AM

Im not to sure if I'm going to give you all the answers you need, there's quite a lot of discussion here, but I'll give it a go.

Cloned objects are exact copies of original objects, they exist in the world as if they had been copied before playing it. Because they did not exist before playing, they should not exist when playing ends, so Alice deletes them.

They retain all of the original features of the master object before cloning, all methods, events, variables, properties, functions, textures, sounds, subparts etc.

If the original object, or any of the clones are modified, then the other existing clones will not be changed, but new ones will be in the new form when produced.

You cannot relatively call a method, you must have the object exist before runtime to use its methods; however there are plausible workarounds.

You can have events of objects, so you can have an object watch for a state change of a world level variable. You can set the world level variable unique to whatever object you want to use (which can be retrieved from the new object variable or new objects list).

Each object will then have its event triggered, but you would only want one object to respond. You can do this by having each object check if the world variable refers to that object. On the object you can have a "myself" object variable set to that object. When the object is cloned, the myself variable will change to the new object, so just check if the world level variable is equal to the myself variable and then do whatever you want it to.

Any questions?

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬