View Single Post
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-24-2009, 07:12 PM

And it's done! This is the most I've ever worked on a project, so I really do hope you guys enjoy it. It's HUGE though, so you may want to close your internet connection while you play, to free up processor power.

Another trick I've found helpful is playing the world, then doing few things (like shooting, pressing pause, letting the zombies kick you, etc.) and then restarting the world. I've noticed it tends to run faster when it's done it once before (cache memory?).

Anyway, here are the controls:
-Hold 'A' to turn left and 'D' to turn right
-Press 'S' to switch weapons forward, and 'X' to switch backward
-Press Space or Enter to pause the game and bring up the pause menu. From inside the pause menu, you can switch weapons, switch camera angles, buy guns, and buy abilities for your penguin (I've been using a computer with Windows Vista and Word 2003...I think, so I don't know if the fonts I used for the pause menu and HUD will shop up for you guys. If they don't, the text may disappear or run off the screen, so heads up.)
-Press 'Q' to repel the zombies, if you've bought the power.
-Hold 'W' to slow down the zombies, but not the penguin, if you've bought the power
-Press 'E' to use a shockwave which kills all zombies (except the big one, it just hurts him) if you've bought it.
-If you see the big one, pump him full of everything you've got, because he's REALLY tough (also, the penguin will automatically aim for him if he can)
-The Shining Lance now has two disadvantages: It's expensive, and one other hidden thing...
-You'll probably need Night Vision by Level 5. It's nearly impossible to see anything if you don't have it (I challenge someone to try and beat it without Night Vision)
-This version's HARD, but beatable. Try different combinations of powers and weapons and see what works for you
-My top score is 207 KOs

If you find any bugs (besdides lagging, because I expect that), tell me.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w ResidentPenguin3.a2w (6.95 MB, 32 views)

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 11-05-2009 at 02:34 AM.