View Single Post
Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Excellent. Now users concerned with world size don't have to deal with it. They can create a scene procedurally.
One question though: Since we can delete these objects afterwards, this means I can control these cloned objects after creating them?
Do I have to create some sort of act method that is initialized upon cloning? The object is then completely left alone until deletion. I can deal with that, since I'm kind of used to working that way.
Do I have to create some kind of gigantic list for specific types of cloned objects? May be somewhat annoying.

What kind of cloning are you doing? From my information, what Alice does is create exact copies of objects and lists them as new, entirely different objects.
For perfect efficiency, the kind of cloning you want to do is referencing (Java equivalent is using constructors), which means it creates objects based off of the old one and any data values either point to the old one or are modified.
This is good for users with low amounts of VRAM since textures take up a lot of room and make a lot of drawcalls.
Good job for solving the cloning memory leak issue though. Impressive.
Oh hey. You also fixed that bug where it would clone + the number of times play has been pressed.

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 05-04-2012 at 06:04 PM.