Quote:
Originally Posted by shaydon View Post
nice! loving your games x!

it is really cool except
i couldn't see what i was doing i was using Alice 2.0
everything was black so i had to mess around with the settings
a bit
still a great game though!
Thanks. I actually made the world lighter in the next version, cause I was having the same problem. Hopefully you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
It is a great game, I love all the graphics changes you made to it. One of the only glitches I found in the short time I played it though was that when you switch weapons, sometimes the speed of the bullets change when you go back to the initial weapons. For instance it starts with the shotgun, but when I switch to chaingun and use that for a while, then switch to raygun and use that, then back to shotgun, the bullets of the shotgun now go as fast as the bullets of the chaingun went, and when I go back to chaingun the bullets of those go as slow as the shotgun went the first time.

EDIT: Also there is infinite bullets for the shotgun without need for reload and a short loading time after the reloading of the other guns is complete before you can shoot again.
Thanks Dameria. I don't recall ever getting that error, but I'll look into it. The shotgun, for the time being, is supposed to have infinite bullets to make it easier for me to debug. I already fixed the error, though, so I'll soon be removing that.

+Flamethrower's finished. I call the new weapon the Glowtorch. Shoots a nice blue jet of flame that lights up the surrounding area and makes enemies take damage for a short time.

+The world is now lighter. It was stupidly hard to see before (I was trying to get the most out of lighting effects), and now that problem's solved.

+Loading now takes a bit longer, since I added a method that fires every weapon a few times before allowing starting the game. I noticed that some weapons fire very slowly at first, then go faster when fired later, so this should make it go as fast as possible when you actually start playing.

+Shotgun ammo is now controlled. Weapon switching between them all is still kind of buggy, though, so I'm going to post it just for sake of backing it up. If you want to switch weapons, change the weapon variable manually.

+Fixed a small error that caused the SWAG to reload with 99 bullets instead of 100. Turns out I'd put in a workaround that prevented yet another random stupid error that popped up when I asked Alice to count to 100 in a loop. I now know that this error can be solved by restarting Alice. Gotta say, the error descriptions are about as helpful as a turkey sandwich is bulletproof.

Oh, it's done loading. Let me know what you think of the Glowtorch. Next is a magnetic beam. Already have the texture animation loaded for it and everything.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w SBError2.a2w (9.77 MB, 12 views)