View Single Post
Old
arty-fishL

Question 05-12-2011, 05:03 AM

To illustrate the issues I'm having with Gloo I have glued together Jediaction's supercannon from Halo - The Generator. This model was made up of a docking station, some cylinders and bits of trees.

Firstly when you import it you will notice that there are only three subparts of the super_cannon object showing in the object tree, which are the - renamed - subparts of the docking station (the parent of the group), but there are clearly more than 3 objects that make up the super cannon.

Upon closer inspection you will find that in the viewport you can click on the hidden subparts and their properties will show up, along with the name at the top, but they are still not visible in the object tree.

Next you should find that the objects will only move together if you drag the parent object (the docking station). If you drag any child part it will move as if affect subparts was ticked.

But, on the positive side, its still glued together as one object, it can be exported and imported as one object, it can be copied as one object, if dragged correctly it will move as one object.

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture20.jpg (13.9 KB, 66 views)
Attached Files
File Type: a2c Super_cannon.a2c (1.88 MB, 14 views)

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Last edited by arty-fishL; 05-12-2011 at 05:07 AM.