Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Release: Alice Online (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4425)

zenteo 06-05-2010 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;21961]I was wanting to view the source code, but it says it was created in a newer version, are you able to make it available for visual c# 2008 express edition?[/QUOTE]

aa x)

You see, I'm lazy, reaaaly lazy, so I made it in Vb.net...
I used Visual Studio 2010 for making this... just google "Visual Basic Express 2010" and install it.

arty-fishL 06-24-2012 08:15 PM

Multiplayer Gaming

Its a shame this went to waste.

This is as secure as a Minecraft Server is and I'm sure nobody on these forums wants to hack each others computers either. But, regardless of the minute chance of computer infiltration, I have decided to work on a more advanced, more secure and more feature-heavy version of this (completely inspired by this one).

Each user must have an account at my website (once its fully set up), the server authenticates users using this site. Accounts at my site will be linked to accounts on the Alice Community. This means you will know who you are playing with and you can report them. They can also be admin/mod/banned. There is a top admin and user whitelisting is supported.

All users must be using the same world, if any changes have been made then they are not permitted to play until they download the correct version.

The server runs via a simple command line terminal. It has basic commands like ban and kick. There is integrated chat, users can use commands from it, but only ones that they are permitted to; some commands are limited to only the terminal or the top admin.

The server can be made public, it will be added to a list on my website (accessible in game), so you wont have to worry about IP addresses, but you can still join via an IP address if you want.

It is very customisable. You can disable some security features if you really want to.

I've spent 2 days on it and its half way finished. I've got 1 week to complete it and the client template before I go away for 3 weeks, so either expect a very beta one soon, or a better one in a month or so. I thought this would be good for my first Java project (as I am teaching myself Java).

x2495iiii 06-24-2012 11:35 PM

Sounds excellent. But what will we play?

GameKid 06-24-2012 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;50263]Its a shame this went to waste.

This is as secure as a Minecraft Server is and I'm sure nobody on these forums wants to hack each others computers either. But, regardless of the minute chance of computer infiltration, I have decided to work on a more advanced, more secure and more feature-heavy version of this (completely inspired by this one).

Each user must have an account at my website (once its fully set up), the server authenticates users using this site. Accounts at my site will be linked to accounts on the Alice Community. This means you will know who you are playing with and you can report them. They can also be admin/mod/banned. There is a top admin and user whitelisting is supported.

All users must be using the same world, if any changes have been made then they are not permitted to play until they download the correct version.

The server runs via a simple command line terminal. It has basic commands like ban and kick. There is integrated chat, users can use commands from it, but only ones that they are permitted to; some commands are limited to only the terminal or the top admin.

The server can be made public, it will be added to a list on my website (accessible in game), so you wont have to worry about IP addresses, but you can still join via an IP address if you want.

It is very customisable. You can disable some security features if you really want to.

I've spent 2 days on it and its half way finished. I've got 1 week to complete it and the client template before I go away for 3 weeks, so either expect a very beta one soon, or a better one in a month or so. I thought this would be good for my first Java project (as I am teaching myself Java).[/QUOTE]

Whoa. One week?
One of the many things only arty can do.

arty-fishL 06-25-2012 03:33 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;50267]Sounds excellent. But what will we play?[/QUOTE]I was thinking of just making a tool object thing, so anybody could make games for it. I would, of course, make something for it too.

[QUOTE=GameKid;50268]Whoa. One week?
One of the many things only arty can do.[/QUOTE]Don't hold me to that, I'm not promising, but I think I could pull it off, at least get all the features in that are required and then release a better version later on.

x2495iiii 06-25-2012 12:13 PM

If you do finish this, I'll definitely make something for it.

arty-fishL 06-25-2012 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;50272]If you do finish this, I'll definitely make something for it.[/QUOTE]Yay, thanks, you're much better at making games than me.

I'm well on my way to finishing it now. Its written in Java, therefore it can be cross platform, so if anybody wants a Mac/Linux version then I can make it at request.

sfunk 06-25-2012 11:27 PM

Arty, you are one ridiculous person, and I definitely mean that in the most awesome and respectful way! Hope to see this in use when you finish.

Beans 06-26-2012 02:22 PM

Thank You

Thank you for this.
Now I can finally make MMOs!

jediaction 06-27-2012 07:14 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't make an MMO in Alice. Alice isn't powerful enough to hold projects that big. I tried making an RPG, after I got really complicated, it crashed. Also, you don't seem to be responding according to the comments. It's not even finished yet.