Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Assignment 5 (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7362)

meelabean 10-09-2011 11:58 PM

Assignment 5

Completed assignment five. Much easier this week since the program didn't quit on me every time I inputted a command. Hopefully the bugs are worked out.

todd0312 10-11-2011 03:19 PM

Assignment 5 complete

Hello there:

Yes, the actual assignment was easy. I made mine really, really elaborate, though. My methods of what would take place in the three possible scenarios... were very long. I tried to create my own walk method, but I ended up having to start over from scratch using the pre-set walk for my avatar. I used about 10 different dummy cameras to handle my camera angles. I had 3 characters with... I don't remember, about 20 different poses combined. I think using that many poses created some glitches with the program. When I had music playing, it caused the program to crash full on. :mad:

I had really complex movement sequences... like the bouncer pushing my poor avatar up in the air and to the ground... because he was too young. That took forever.

I copied and pasted my code into a Word document, and it ended up being 14 pages long. It had been longer, but I had to take a bunch of stuff out because of program crashes.:( If I had included the methods I had to "nix", it would have been at least 20 pages.

So... it was an experience. I should have kept it simple. Then I could write posts about how easy the assignment was. My bad.

I only needed 2 variables and the nested "if-else" statements were straight-forward, so the "basic" programming was "easy". I just got carried away.

Take care guys,

Todd

hammerone 10-16-2011 07:13 PM

Wow, you make me feel like I didn't do enough. Mine was a simple scene of the bouncer talking to the camera as if he were talking to you. The key was the if else statement that checked if the number submitted was 21.

mtayborn 10-21-2011 11:16 PM

code for walking

[QUOTE=todd0312;42342]Hello there:

Yes, the actual assignment was easy. I made mine really, really elaborate, though. My methods of what would take place in the three possible scenarios... were very long. I tried to create my own walk method, but I ended up having to start over from scratch using the pre-set walk for my avatar. I used about 10 different dummy cameras to handle my camera angles. I had 3 characters with... I don't remember, about 20 different poses combined. I think using that many poses created some glitches with the program. When I had music playing, it caused the program to crash full on. :mad:

I had really complex movement sequences... like the bouncer pushing my poor avatar up in the air and to the ground... because he was too young. That took forever.

I copied and pasted my code into a Word document, and it ended up being 14 pages long. It had been longer, but I had to take a bunch of stuff out because of program crashes.:( If I had included the methods I had to "nix", it would have been at least 20 pages.

So... it was an experience. I should have kept it simple. Then I could write posts about how easy the assignment was. My bad.

I only needed 2 variables and the nested "if-else" statements were straight-forward, so the "basic" programming was "easy". I just got carried away.

Take care guys,

Todd[/QUOTE]

Will you post a copy of the programming code for walking forward

MEC 10-24-2011 11:03 AM

Assignment 5

I also made mine simple. Did not try to add any other person then the bouncer.