Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Networking Multiplayer Games (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4363)

codemaster 05-06-2010 04:53 PM

Networking Multiplayer Games

Is it possible to make a networked multiplayer game with alice?

Dameria 05-06-2010 05:02 PM

I agree that Alice 3.0 should be able to have a built in option for this that requires you to create your own server to do it, but so far there is no such thing. Some of the members of the Alice forum have been talking about it on other threads, but no one has really gone too far into it yet. It requires the knowledge of Python scripting, but you can look at what they wrote about it on the thread [URL="http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3918"]HERE[/URL]

Niteshifter 05-06-2010 05:11 PM

Yes it is. There's actually a group here that's trying to figure this out (it's already been found out that an internet connection is possible).

King Gamer(gorit) 05-06-2010 06:41 PM

Well, It has been established that is posible however their are many parts we have yet tp find out. We will need to test it before any of this becomes beyond theory.

jediaction 05-06-2010 08:50 PM

We are still working onna multi player. That is a popular questionon these forums and will be done some day. I am almost done figureing it out

shaydon 05-06-2010 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;20916]We are still working onna multi player. That is a popular questionon these forums and will be done some day. I am almost done figureing it out[/QUOTE]

you cant script!!!

Dameria 05-06-2010 09:12 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;20916]We are still working onna multi player. That is a popular questionon these forums and will be done some day. I am almost done figureing it out[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that YOU are almost done figuring it out? I would really like to see how much work you have done, because last time I heard it was everyone else who was doing the work, and you were just going along for the ride. Well, idk, maybe you have started to learn Python and you are on the verge of figuring this all out??? If you are not though, please don't take credit for the work that others are currently doing.

shaydon 05-07-2010 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=Dameria;20924]Are you saying that YOU are almost done figuring it out? I would really like to see how much work you have done, because last time I heard it was everyone else who was doing the work, and you were just going along for the ride. Well, idk, maybe you have started to learn Python and you are on the verge of figuring this all out??? If you are not though, please don't take credit for the work that others are currently doing.[/QUOTE]
hahaha you tell him i tried to script but it is really hard i would love to learnt it

jediaction 05-07-2010 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=Dameria;20924]Are you saying that YOU are almost done figuring it out? I would really like to see how much work you have done, because last time I heard it was everyone else who was doing the work, and you were just going along for the ride. Well, idk, maybe you have started to learn Python and you are on the verge of figuring this all out??? If you are not though, please don't take credit for the work that others are currently doing.[/QUOTE]

No no, im just trying to solve the big mystery off of everyone elses. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!

King Gamer(gorit) 05-07-2010 01:59 PM

Actually, I have already figured out most of the entire process. I just haven't done coding because it A would take to long if not for a legit project and be would be a pain. I beleive it was me and zone who were the main pioners.

jediaction 05-07-2010 03:15 PM

Yes, thats why you guys are the best with that Jython scripting. I'll learn it well later in the summer

King Gamer(gorit) 05-07-2010 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;20962]Yes, thats why you guys are the best with that Jython scripting. I'll learn it well later in the summer[/QUOTE]

wrong i am not great with jython and can't really make my own code. I do however understand the working of webservers which is the major limitaion.

jediaction 05-07-2010 06:01 PM

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Thats what we need for A-Tom studios[/FONT]

Dameria 05-07-2010 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;20987][FONT=Arial Narrow]Thats what we need for A-Tom studios[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thats what we need for the Alice community.

jediaction 05-07-2010 07:10 PM

I stand corrected:oEnd of conversation!

King Gamer(gorit) 05-08-2010 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=Dameria;20989]Thats what we need for the Alice community.[/QUOTE]

Well, If you are so overly comunity oreinted you should realize that we need to develop it before it can be used by the comunity.
Oh, and unless someone has a computer they can run 24/7 with about 8 gigs of ram the comunity would never have acess.

jediaction 05-08-2010 12:56 PM

Thats right, and dameria, why did you not sign up for the BETA for Storm?

Dameria 05-08-2010 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;21033]Thats right, and dameria, why did you not sign up for the BETA for Storm?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to play it when everyone else plays it. I don't want to see the bugged version, I want to see the finished product as it is published to the forums.

shaydon 05-08-2010 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=King Gamer(gorit);21028]Well, If you are so overly comunity oreinted you should realize that we need to develop it before it can be used by the comunity.
Oh, and unless someone has a computer they can run 24/7 with about 8 gigs of ram the comunity would never have acess.[/QUOTE]

i can build one and have it running all the time BUT will it use up all my internet? i have 15 gb a month
and i live in New Zealand so for anyone in usa
a server would lag alot like it does for me when i play games online

King Gamer(gorit) 05-08-2010 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=Dameria;21046]I'm going to play it when everyone else plays it. I don't want to see the bugged version, I want to see the finished product as it is published to the forums.[/QUOTE]

Well, That is not the atitude. You play the bugged version to tell us what you are having problems with.
[QUOTE=shaydon;21047]i can build one and have it running all the time BUT will it use up all my internet? i have 15 gb a month
and i live in New Zealand so for anyone in usa
a server would lag alot like it does for me when i play games online[/QUOTE]

Well I am sorry but you are counted out. I have a 250 GB monthly limit however I would need to have server hours.

jediaction 05-09-2010 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=Dameria;21046]I'm going to play it when everyone else plays it. I don't want to see the bugged version, I want to see the finished product as it is published to the forums.[/QUOTE]

.......ha..............ha................well thats your choice while the beta testers help in some way...

zonedabone 06-17-2010 12:29 PM

I'm going to go right out here and say that King and I have been doing the major stuff with jython. He knows a ton about webhosts, and I'm learning Jython at a mile a minute. Just check out all the programs I've posted!:D

x2495iiii 06-17-2010 12:51 PM

Arty's been helping a great deal as well, don't discount him.

zonedabone 06-17-2010 12:52 PM

Good point.

haven812 11-30-2010 07:44 PM

Are you referring to a game played over a LAN (Local Area Network)?
This is possible to do, using scripting, it just requires saving the information needed to transfer in a file that both computers can access, ie: a shared folder.

I am currently working on a rock paper scissors game that can be played over a LAN via this method

zonedabone 12-01-2010 07:06 PM

Rock paper scissors should be possible using the web page based multi-player method I used for alice chat 2.0. Of course, I'm working on other things right now, so I don't have time, especially with robotics, HALO, and new IDE, and IRL stuff.

jediaction 12-02-2010 08:05 AM

The Halo game is even closer to completion. We have to finish it Zone. Try and make it one of yourmain objectives for short little time

arty-fishL 12-02-2010 06:22 PM

Irl

[QUOTE=zonedabone;29055]IRL stuff.[/QUOTE] what's IRL?

Dameria 12-02-2010 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;29079]what's IRL?[/QUOTE]

In Real Life

zonedabone 12-03-2010 10:47 PM

I rap like a wizard
and I kill yo lizard!

I program robots
but I sneeze and excrete snots

This rap is to bad
now I feel so sad

but old constitution might be iron clad.

WORD:o

jediaction 12-04-2010 07:45 AM

Not bad.........Lol! It rhymes! everyone respond in rhyme now!

Zone is the man
He makes cool games

He eats Jam
He's got some fame

Halo's a breeze
You all can see

Its coming out soon
So check my thread out you loon!!

WORD!!!

haha, the loon part is a joke....