Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Objects (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Stuff! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3784)

zarfang8 01-29-2010 10:57 AM

Thanks x, It looks great. I'm abouyt to start making a simple little game with this model. I can't start working on it right now though, because I am 8 hrs away from my house seeing my relavtives. Right now I'm uysing my Aunt's computer. This screen is 105% better than my crappy little 800 by 690 or whatever the heck I have at my house. I'll get right on it on monday evening, though. Or if wheather and traffic is good on my tri sunday night.

jediaction 01-29-2010 12:31 PM

ok

zarfang8 02-01-2010 06:44 PM

Oh Great.... My computer is being stupid again. I can't open the flippin jetski in my world. It think like I can only open .A2C files. Darn.

jediaction 02-01-2010 07:23 PM

what kind of computer is it. What operating system does it use?

zarfang8 02-04-2010 06:17 PM

It's a windows computer, I'm not sure how old, but my guess is that it was made in 2004. I think the operating system is Vaio.

x2495iiii 02-04-2010 09:01 PM

????

Vaio isn't a windows OS...at least I don't think it is.

And that file is just like any other .a2w file Alice creates. If you can open a world after you've saved it, you can open the jetski world as well.

jediaction 02-05-2010 08:08 AM

I mean OS by like...
Windows media player (dont know what year)
Windows
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7

Like that. All of these have like 5 different versions for like family pack, office pack etc...

jediaction 02-05-2010 07:41 PM

PLEAE, I am requestion the object RED DOT SIGHT. This one
[URL]http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b073a3a20da98b95b20f6e48f6a30cbf&prevstart=0[/URL]

lanceA 02-05-2010 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;16479]PLEAE, I am requestion the object RED DOT SIGHT. This one
[URL]http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b073a3a20da98b95b20f6e48f6a30cbf&prevstart=0[/URL][/QUOTE]

With all respect, and as others have noted, you talk too much about NOTHING, jedication. I believe there is a message here.

x2495iiii 02-05-2010 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=lanceA;16482]With all respect, and as others have noted, you talk too much about NOTHING, jedication. I believe there is a message here.[/QUOTE]

Though he was formerly in the habit of posting to increase post count, he's already been called on the carpet for it and doesn't do that anymore. Furthermore, that's an object request, which is both welcome and encouraged. If someone wants a specific object, it means they have a specific world or idea in their mind, so discouraging object requests is discouraging those ideas. Don't do that again.

I think you each have your own ways of contributing, yours involves the instructional, academic side of Alice, while jediaction's involves the game-making potential of Alice.

And jediaction, I'm working on it.

jediaction 02-06-2010 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=lanceA;16482]With all respect, and as others have noted, you talk too much about NOTHING, jedication. I believe there is a message here.[/QUOTE]

Thats not nothing LanceA, im asking for an object. People ask

lanceA 02-06-2010 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;16509]Thats not nothing LanceA, im asking for an object. People ask[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with that, jediaction - but like so many people in here they brag about a project they are working on and for the most part, NO ONE completes anything they are bragging about.:confused:

Good luck on your project.

lanceA 02-06-2010 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;16483]Though he was formerly in the habit of posting to increase post count, he's already been called on the carpet for it and doesn't do that anymore. Furthermore, that's an object request, which is both welcome and encouraged. If someone wants a specific object, it means they have a specific world or idea in their mind, so discouraging object requests is discouraging those ideas. Don't do that again.

Or what . . . ?

x2495iiii 02-06-2010 04:49 PM

Well, at first I'd just delete the posts. After a few repeat offenses, that would qualify you as a flamer and warrant a short suspension. After said suspension expires, if you continued, that could warrant a ban on your account.

I doubt that would set a good example for your students.

Also, I've noticed that when you use quotes in your posts, you tend to erase the ending html tag ([/QUOTE]). You need to leave that tag in if you want the quote to show up properly.

jediaction 02-06-2010 05:51 PM

What am i discouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x2495iiii 02-06-2010 05:57 PM

I'm talking to lanceA, jediaction.

Now that's one habit you should get into, jediaction: re-reading back a few posts and putting the arguments together to draw a logical conclusion, bringing you up to speed.

For example, if you'd read back a few posts in the Infiltration thread, you'd see that I challenged chris101b to a game-making competition: his new Infiltration game vs. my RP4. Both are in development. Then you never would've needed to ask what I mean by competition.

jediaction 02-06-2010 06:30 PM

I see, but some times, there are so many posts posted to quickly and i forget the ones i read and did not read

x2495iiii 02-08-2010 01:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm really tempted to just delete those last posts. Just a waste of space on what was supposed to be an object-submission thread only.

Any way, here's the next submission: a bunch of pretty well textured and detailed buildings. Some of them have awnings and gardens and balconies and stuff, and all of them have a front sidewalk area, so they're all very nice and realistic. They're all one object, too, so keep that in mind.

jediaction 02-08-2010 01:47 PM

Awsome. I have an idea already!

jediaction 02-08-2010 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=lanceA;16528]I have no problem with that, jediaction - but like so many people in here they brag about a project they are working on and for the most part, NO ONE completes anything they are bragging about.:confused:

Good luck on your project.[/QUOTE]

I will finish it!
Its the bug free Hero's mission 1 game

lanceA 02-08-2010 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;16643]I will finish it!
Its the bug free Hero's mission 1 game[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I await the finished project. :)

jediaction 02-08-2010 04:05 PM

Thank you. Its going be great

Zack Strife 02-11-2010 07:04 PM

I was wondering if you could convert the "sister ray from final fantasy 7" from google warehouse when you have the time

Zack Strife 02-12-2010 08:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I hope it's okay with you that I post this, x2495iiii; I seperated the buildings and resized them based on the "Kelly" model

x2495iiii 02-13-2010 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the sister ray converted, although it doesn't look like all the faces convert properly into Alice format. The model as a whole looks fine, though, so hopefully this'll still be useful to you.

Zack Strife 02-13-2010 09:40 AM

thanks I did find a way to make the centers better, though its a long process with a lot of sub parts, but what you can do is move the sub parts so they are in the middle of the axis, there own axes are still off but as a whole the object should be pretty centered. That's what I did with the buildings in my last post

Dameria 02-13-2010 11:34 AM

Hey x2594iiii, can you please convert this model of DNA for me for my project?

[url]http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=94da40a908f28800932cd35a88320e47&prevstart=0[/url]

I have successfully converted it myself, but the only thing wrong is that there is no color to it, it is just a blank model. For my project I need to have color, it is a big part of it.

I tried to make one myself, but it is way to hard to get it right, so many things have to be resized, and without them being properly resized without having to run the program first, it is very hard to put them in the correct place, so I have just reverted to this...

Thank you!

jediaction 02-14-2010 08:11 AM

Can anyone convert that red dot please?

King Gamer(gorit) 02-14-2010 06:37 PM

What red dot???

1 Attachment(s)
OK, for jediaction what red dot??? Ic can do it if you give me it and I would like to upload two trees I got from google 3d warehouse. They have been completley ported in to alice, textures and all.

jediaction 02-14-2010 08:17 PM

I have posted a link to what object i wanted. Look back through the posts

Dameria 02-14-2010 09:09 PM

So... can anybody please convert that DNA model that I asked for? I would really appreciate it if you could. Or at least tell me how I can have the texture saved with it.

King Gamer(gorit) 02-14-2010 10:49 PM

I will do that for you Dameria.

I will have that done with in a half an hour of this post. It should be easy, just to let you know I explained one method on how to do this in one of the how to threads.:D
[SIZE="7"]EDIT:Sorry I can not do this!!!![/SIZE]

Ok, well the problem is the model is bugged and will not import right. I assume Ik could Flip the faces but I dont know how to do that so sorry, but I can not import it.

x2495iiii 02-15-2010 01:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got 'em both.

Who rocks?

King Gamer(gorit) 02-15-2010 01:22 AM

Good that you got it.

I could have gotten it the only problem is in sketchup only one face will export into ase files which is the way I do it it so you sometimes only get the bottom face. That is why my tree models can only be veiwed from below their braches. Ops... Should of said that in the post i uploadded those models in.

Dameria 02-15-2010 06:08 PM

Thank you so much x2495iiii!!! Now I can finish my project without doing the whole DNA model by myself (which would probably take over 10 hours just for the model).

This is perfect!!! I just checked it now, you made it so that all of the parts I needed (phospace group, sugar, Adenine, Guanine, etc) are all subparts, so now I can make it so that when you click on one of those, it can specify it! This is almost exactly what I wanted, thanks again.

King Gamer(gorit) 02-15-2010 06:53 PM

Just to tell you...

Just to let you know there is probably no other practical way to make that object because it cant be textured with one texture map.

x2495iiii 02-15-2010 07:02 PM

Actually, there aren't any textures at all. Those are just colored shapes.

I don't know what method you guys were using, but converting the model from .skp to .dae gives you a texture-less .dae model (with the textures saved to a folder of the same name as the model), but with the colors and other physical properties, like shine and opacity, still saved to the model. Then, converting it from .dae to .obj to .ase changes nothing but the file's format, the colors and properties are retained all the way.

When I imported the .ase model into Alice (after changing the two empty names to "x2495iiii"), it imported exactly the way it is in the world, colors and all. The only thing I changed was the center of the object in Sketchup (I made it so that the object was centered properly to make positioning and turning it easier).

King Gamer(gorit) 02-15-2010 09:35 PM

Yeah um..

I know what you mean and when I export from sketchup I do it directly into an ase which has no textures. I usaly save the texures from the face and add them in. What I meant by there is no way to texture map it is that when you 3d model you can have one texture be the texture for the entire model even if the texture is not the same throught the model. I know I didnt explain well but it is a way of one texure consisting of multiple textures in one.

jediaction 02-16-2010 06:35 AM

I did not know what to do with the. skp files

King Gamer(gorit) 02-18-2010 12:00 AM

After..

Ok, here is the process, you open the .skp you then go and select evrything be material and save it as a group. Then you you make each group its own layer. Then you export it with the .ase exporter(I gave a link in a post in the how to import thread). Then you import into alice, and put the right texture per subpart.