Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why were ADITYA1243 and fourbros banned (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=10758)

beachbum111111 08-11-2014 10:07 PM

Why were ADITYA1243 and fourbros banned

I haven't been on this forum in months but why where they banned? Fourbros is a long time member and ADITYA seemed to be helping people and not a spambot. Can someone post a link to the post(s) they got banned for?

jrrTolkien 08-12-2014 09:42 AM

Asking the same question

That's what I was wondering, I tried doing some research on this, but I couldn't find it. I left for a week or two and this happened!! :( The last post would probably be deleted, anyway. I'd PM an admin or moderator and ask them about it. Are bans on Alice permanent?

-jrr

RavenOfCode 08-12-2014 04:08 PM

Wondering the same thing!?

They were both very helpful people still confused why they were banned!?

x2495iiii 11-04-2014 08:16 AM

Not sure. I don't recall doing it. One of the admins might know something about it.

I'll look into it, and if they were wrongfully or accidentally banned, I'll unban them.

UPDATE for ADITYA1243 : Looks like the guy has a spam link as his home page in his user profile. It was probably a joke, but that's enough to get him banned.

It was a bit confusing as I had the reason put down as POSTING spam, which it appears he didn't do.

RavenOfCode 01-06-2015 08:42 PM

Anything new?

Any news on fourbros? And why he was banned?

AttackonJoe 01-07-2015 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;55304]Any news on fourbros? And why he was banned?[/QUOTE]

Yes, he still wants to know why he was banned too.

AttackonJoe 03-17-2015 09:04 AM

One of the Fourbros is wondering why he's still banned (the fourbros have since split up, I'm one of them and using this new account). Why was Fourbros banned? I looked at our post history, and the last thing posted was:

Posted By fourbros

Wish granted. That "ten extra bucks" is actually monopoly money.

I wish that I could waterbend (like avatar\legend of korra).

How is this ban worthy? Could you give us/him our/his account back? I've tried PMing X the mod, and I haven't gotten a response. He really liked the forum and tried to be helpful.

Please Respond.

x2495iiii 03-17-2015 11:20 AM

I investigated this awhile ago and it seems like the ban was accidental.

This is rare, but it can happen.

I have since unbanned fourbros and at least one of the accounts associated with the IP.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing the matter to my attention.

My apologies for the inconvenience, and the delayed response.

RavenOfCode 03-17-2015 04:48 PM

Thanks X ;)

Funnybone 03-17-2015 04:51 PM

I'm sorry...

As far as I know, ADITYA was the one I reported. He was constantly spamming random and wierd content, so I guess you can say I'm responsible..