Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Thread (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=11140)

RavenOfCode 06-01-2015 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56331]Official SSB thread. Yay!

Anyone had a chance to put the 8 player matches on WiiU to good use?

I'd love to get an 8-person couch match going (I think that's possible?), but the amount of expensive peripherals it requires is absurd.[/QUOTE]

Ive played 8 player before... its alot of fun especially on stock... :)

fourbros 06-01-2015 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56332]Ive played 8 player before... its alot of fun especially on stock... :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't sound especially fun to me for some reason. Tbh, my favorite fight type is 1v1, 2 stock, no items except for the Smash Ball, assist trophies, and Pokemon. Doesn't get much better than that.

I was wondering what the oldest Smash game you've played is (that sentence sounds grammatically incorrect). I played Melee first, and I don't get why people act like it's the pinnacle of gaming. It's faster and doesn't have random slipping, but I feel like the Smash Ball makes up for it.

PS: Thanks for making this thread X :) .

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/mb1bs.jpg[/IMG]

RavenOfCode 06-01-2015 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=fourbros;56333]It doesn't sound especially fun to me for some reason. Tbh, my favorite fight type is 1v1, 2 stock, no items except for the Smash Ball, assist trophies, and Pokemon. Doesn't get much better than that.

I was wondering what the oldest Smash game you've played is (that sentence sounds grammatically incorrect). I played Melee first, and I don't get why people act like it's the pinnacle of gaming. It's faster and doesn't have random slipping, but I feel like the Smash Ball makes up for it.

PS: Thanks for making this thread X :) .

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/mb1bs.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I started with Super Smash Bros wii version, and have moved on and played the wiiU version, cuz its better ;)

And yes that sentence does sound grammatically incorrect :)

fourbros 06-01-2015 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56334]I started with Super Smash Bros wii version, and have moved on and played the wiiU version, cuz its better ;)

And yes that sentence does sound grammatically incorrect :)[/QUOTE]

I should've wrote: "What Super Smash Bros game did you guys play first?" .
That sounds better ;)

Funnybone 06-01-2015 06:02 PM

What do you know, somebody was able to listen and make an official thread for SSBs. Huh. :)

x2495iiii 06-01-2015 06:27 PM

I started with the first one for N64. I actually played it so long with my family once that I passed out from lack of sleep. Ha. Kids.

Yup, played 'em all. Melee is only fun for people who like fighting games too much. It's got concepts that appeal to them, like wave-dashing and L-Canceling. Personally, I hated it once the Wii version came out. I like using Link to down throw near an edge, then spin attack. Sends them diagonally downward off the edge. Not many can recover from that : )

fourbros 06-01-2015 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56337]I started with the first one for N64. I actually played it so long with my family once that I passed out from lack of sleep. Ha. Kids.

Yup, played 'em all. Melee is only fun for people who like fighting games too much. It's got concepts that appeal to them, like wave-dashing and L-Canceling. Personally, I hated it once the Wii version came out. I like using Link to down throw near an edge, then spin attack. Sends them diagonally downward off the edge. Not many can recover from that : )[/QUOTE]

You sound like a guy that goes to tournaments and has every character's strengths and weaknesses memorized :p

I've never played video games until I fell asleep; I can't fall asleep if a TV is on.

x2495iiii 06-02-2015 04:44 AM

Nah, I'm terrible at the game on a global scale, but I'm good at local stuff, like couch co-op. Also I play too much : p.

One time a guy from high school casually asked if I played SSBB. Gave him my friend code. That evening, he mopped the floor with me. As Sonic. SONIC.

Every time I play as Sonic, I do horribly, and this guy just wrecks me as him.

Ah. Man lots of good memories for that game.

Anyone mess with those new Amiibo fighter things?

RavenOfCode 06-02-2015 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56340]Nah, I'm terrible at the game on a global scale, but I'm good at local stuff, like couch co-op. Also I play too much : p.

One time a guy from high school casually asked if I played SSBB. Gave him my friend code. That evening, he mopped the floor with me. As Sonic. SONIC.

Every time I play as Sonic, I do horribly, and this guy just wrecks me as him.

Ah. Man lots of good memories for that game.

Anyone mess with those new Amiibo fighter things?[/QUOTE]

The mii's? I have a friend whos really good at those... like really REALLY good...

x2495iiii 06-02-2015 09:52 AM

The Mii fighters are great, but I'm talking about the Amiibos, the little toys you tap on the controller to make them fight you.

I have Zelda and Link. They're pretty tough on their own, but as a team they're insane. Link spams boomerangs and forward smashes while Zelda supports from the edge of the stage with fireballs you can't see until you're exploded.