Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

few questions
Old
SkyWater94

Exclamation few questions - 09-25-2010, 04:28 PM

Hello, the first time I used alice was when I was in the middle school. The program was like foreign and i couldnt understand it so i always asked my teacher a few questions. Its been a few years back. Now I downloaded alice on my family computer and I dont really remember what to do and theres still some things im wondering about. So here are my questions;

Custom Items into Alice 2.2 -
I downloaded a few objects that I found on the forums and went to file, import and then clicked on the .a2w file and i get a pop up that says "No importer found to load file given type". How can i get past this?

Solid objects? -
Im also wondering if its possible since im making a FPS game. To make all objects solid. So I cannot walk through them when I am testing. Which ruins overall gameplay.

-Thanks

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 09-25-2010, 05:05 PM

1. Refer to this.
Additionally, you can even have Alice load your custom objects in the local gallery.

2. The only built-in collision Alice has is the "Let Arrow Keys Move *object*," and that only works when moving forward. There are plenty of posts dealing with collision detection examples that you can search on the forums (like here and here), but each one has its strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Misunderstanding!
Old
debussybunny563

Exclamation Misunderstanding! - 10-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Oops! I incorrectly answered your first question.

.a2w files are the Alice world files themselves, and aren't supposed to be imported.
Instead, go to File > Open and select the world you want, and it'll open for you.

However, this doesn't get the individual objects, it gets the objects contained within a world. To obtain the objects themselves, refer to this: Saving Objects.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.