Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Suggestion Box

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Classroom Management Software and Alice
Old
kilpatrickg

Lightbulb Classroom Management Software and Alice - 11-18-2008, 11:18 AM

I would encourage the Alice development team to locate schools that are utilzing different computer lab management strategies/software. My biggest issue with Alice 2.0 is that it is very unfriendly to my computer lab management software in my high school classroom.

I have used Smart Technologies SynchronEyes (www.smarttech.com) software to broadcast presentations to my lab computers, as well as manage Internet access, send out files and share screens. The software will sometimes cause Alice to cause a critical error. Sometimes the students can save their work and restart Alice. Sometimes they lose what they have not saved.

I am testing Vision Classroom Managemenet software currently (www.genevalogic.com), and I am having many issues with Alice. Alice will close abruptly on student stations, causing them to lose all work. This happens when I broadcast my screen to students, as well when I disconnect the Vision software from their pc's.

I'm hoping that your beta testing environments will include sites that are utilizing computer lab management strategies from different manufacturers for compatibility testing.

Thanks.

Tags
classroom management, remote control, synchroneyes, vision