Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

FIRST GAME - Tank
Old
Dameria

Default FIRST GAME - Tank - 09-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Hello, this is my first full game that I made, as I am very new to Alice, and I am really proud of it. It is a tank game, where the arrow keys control the tank, and you press the Space Bar to shoot.

You can also move the turret up, down, and side to side with the ASDW letters, and also fire a machine gun in bursts of 3 bullets with F. By clicking the tank body or pressing Enter, it puts you into a fixed view of the tank from the back. If you want a more precise shooting view, you can also click on the turret for a precise shot. I have also added invisibility for fun by pressing I, and then back into visible mode by pressing V.

You can shoot at the people, but my proudest part (and the part that took the longest) is shooting down a helicopter, which I have flying above in the air.

I hope you like this game I made, and please even add stuff in or fix something if you want to. I hope you enjoy it ! Remember though, this is only my first full project. Tell me if you like it!

CLICK ON THE TANK BODY OR THE TURRET FOR DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLES! The default camera angle is a fixed one, so click on the tank itself for a better one.

Note: When you open up the world, there will be an error message, but I assure you the game will still work. The error was only because I tried to import a .wav sound file that was not compatible with Alice.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Tank.a2w (17.87 MB, 383 views)

Last edited by Dameria; 12-06-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Old
thedudeperson

Default 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM

that was a great game keep it up

Old
pancake

Default 09-30-2009, 06:40 PM

Nice game i love the helicopter crash! Keep it up

Old
Dameria

Default 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM

Thank you for your comments! If you want, just tell me if, and what, I should add into this. I was thinking along the lines of a nuke strike, that kills everyone (except the tank) and blows up the helicopter.

Also, maybe making the death of the people a little better, so they do not just keep rotating 90 degrees whenever you shoot near them. I think I could fix this...

And please, tell me what you think!

Old
Dameria

Default 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM

Please try my game x2495iiii and dubastot, I would like to hear what you have to say about it! Please tell me also what I have to improve?

Last edited by Dameria; 01-19-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Checking it out now.

Alrighty, I definitely liked the helicopter crash, that was very well animated (though you should have the smoke animations turn to face the camera as the appear, to avoid looking paper-like).

The shooting mechanism was good as well, though I noticed that the guys could "Come back from the dead" in a way if you shot them four times or ran over them and sat there for awhile.

Otherwise, very nice, keep it up!

Last edited by x2495iiii; 10-08-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 11-26-2009, 01:06 PM

You can get rid of the sound file that does not work by selecting the object that you told to make the sound. go to properties then click sounds, and delete the sound file that dos not work and teh error will away

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
jediaction

Default 11-26-2009, 01:10 PM

Great job on the helicopter and the runing over and shooting the people. But if you shoot the guys again, they pop back up

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Dameria

Default 11-26-2009, 02:52 PM

Ok, I fixed the bug where the guys keep comming back up once you shoot them, now they only die once. I also fixed the smoke when the helicopter crashes. It has come at a price though, its now over 19mb large. If you can, please show me how I can fix the error in the beginning.

Tell me what you think of it, I made this game a few months ago I think.

REMEMBER TO CLICK TANK AND TURRET FOR DIFFERENT CAMERA VIEWS!
Its a very important part of the gameplay experience that some people do not do
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Tank.a2w (19.11 MB, 36 views)

Last edited by Dameria; 05-20-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-27-2009, 11:06 PM

Very nice. I had a hard time shooting down the heilcopter (darn tiny bulets!), but it was worth it to see the improved crash animation.

I got rid of the error message by eliminating all of the sounds but the three heard in the game (tankBoom, machineGun4, and helicopterCrash). This means that one or more of your sound files is in a format that Alice doesn't recognize, or has some different code or format to it (I noticed it said it expected "magic string RIFF, got flaC"). Not sure what that means, but it probably has something to do with unrecognized formats.

(')>

Tags
first game, game, helicopter, shooter, tank