Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Alice Crashing
Old
EdLaFave

Default Alice Crashing - 12-12-2005, 09:12 AM

Alice crashes ALOT and I'd say 90% of the time its due to the drag and drop programming. It seems that whenever I drag code into the code window Alice crashes....or ocassionally when I drag new objects into the scene, but that is much less frequent. Just thought I'd report the bugs.

When alice does not understand a drag and drop action
Old
knight199

Default When alice does not understand a drag and drop action - 12-12-2005, 05:45 PM

It does tend to crash but I have learned most of what alice accepts and what it will not.Like say animation,if you move the arm of a character in certain way and then ask it to capture the pose alice will work. provided you set the pose on the part that you selected.As for alice scripting the source came with the program and it was written in python I believe,am I right gabe?

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 12-16-2005, 10:29 AM

The current release of Alice was written in Java. Dennis can correct me on this, but there may be some traces of Python from an older release.

Old
HUman

Default 12-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Why not change Alice so it is C/C++ instead of Java.

Old
kingsamses

Default 01-02-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUman
Why not change Alice so it is C/C++ instead of Java.
Why change it? Unless that would have large benefits, most people would most likely rather have the Alice team fixing bugs, not changing the coding language.

Old
EdLaFave

Default 01-03-2006, 12:21 AM

It would be insane to change it to C...I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that creating Alice lends itself to the use of an object oriented language. Even though you can use an object orriented approach with C it wasn't really meant for it, it is a functional language. I suppose C++ could be a feasible language since it is object oriented but what benefit would there be to having Alice in C++ as opposed to Java? The time and money it would cost to convert a Java project to C++ is ridiculous.

Judging from your recent posts you seem to think C and C++ are the best things to ever come around. I'd suggest maybe learning a little more before making posts on languages I'm sure you know very little about.