Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Chris101b

Default 09-14-2008, 03:24 AM

Have not worked on the movie at all in a while because school has really been getting to me (senior year). So I am going to get motivated and start working on it again. I decided NOT to do the whole scene-by-scene thing because I found out that the editing program I use really screws up the sound completely. So I will just do it the traditional Alice way.

Old
Chris101b

Default 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM

Well, I have been writing original music for War Zone 2 and it is coming out very well. One song in particular is downright awesome. I don't mean to brag, but it is one of the best tunes i have ever made (I hope I am not sub-consciously remembering another song!!! That would be bad.) If you want me to, I could post the version that I played on the piano and recorded on my phone so that you can hear it. I can't actually play the piano, I play by ear. I am running into a problem though; at this point, recording the music on my cell phone is the only way to transfer the music from the piano to the alice movie and the sound quality is obviously low. The music I might post here was made when I was down visiting my dad in Tampa. He has a key board there, but here in Alabama, we don't have one, but we do have a piano. What do you think I should do? Should I get a keyboard here in Alabama? Do you think it is worth it? The problem is that the song sounds SO MUCH BETTER when you use the violin type sound on the keyboard than if you just use a piano. Any thoughts? And do you want to hear the music I have made so far? I have just typed it out on the piano, it isn't finished yet, this is just the core music and what you can expect it to sound like.

Last edited by Chris101b; 11-03-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling error

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Well, I have been writing original music for War Zone 2 and it is coming out very well. One song in particular is downright awesome. I don't mean to brag, but it is one of the best tunes i have ever made (I hope I am not sub-consciously remembering another song!!! That would be bad.) If you want me to, I could post the version that I played on the piano and recorded on my phone so that you can hear it. I can't actually play the piano, I play by ear. I am running into a problem though; at this point, recording the music on my cell phone is the only way to transfer the music from the piano to the alice movie and the sound quality is obviously low. The music I might post here was made when I was down visiting my dad in Tampa. He has a key board there, but here in Alabama, we don't have one, but we do have a piano. What do you think I should do? Should I get a keyboard here in Alabama? Do you think it is worth it? The problem is that the song sounds SO MUCH BETTER when you use the violin type sound on the keyboard than if you just use a piano. Any thoughts? And do you want to hear the music I have made so far? I have just typed it out on the piano, it isn't finished yet, this is just the core music and what you can expect it to sound like.
Take a look at the Scratch site. The Scratch software has quite a lot of musical composition capability. Maybe you can use that capability to produce sound files of your compositions. Note, however, that I know nothing about music so I may be way off base on this. In any event, Scratch is free, so it's worth taking a look at.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free Scratch tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm
Free Java/C#, etc. tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Old
Chris101b

Default 11-03-2008, 12:21 PM

Alright, I was going to post the sound files on here but it wont let me, any ideas of how I can get them to you all?

Old
Chris101b

Default 11-03-2008, 07:33 PM

Alright, i figured it out, I just put the songs into an alice file. Remember, the music is subject to change and was all written by me (unless I subconsciously copied someone else. But I really really really hope not) Enjoy and tell me what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w music from the movie.a2w (3.83 MB, 58 views)

Old
Chris101b

Default 11-05-2008, 08:59 PM

Oh and just to let you guys know, there are 3 songs in the video above. These are songs that I wrote for War Zone 2. The first one is quiet, then the second and third are loud, so roll down your speakers. Don't worry though, i warn you ahead of time in the video. Please tell me if you like the music. Especially tell me what you think of the last one. All the music was written and played by me regardless of the fact that I don't actually play the piano... you can probably tell though, the music isn't exactly Beethoven-worthy. I actually have a lot more songs that I have come up with but they are on my phone and you will never hear the current versions ever...... i am humming them into the phone (Hey, if you have a song in your head, you have to remember it somehow) Tell me what you think.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Okay, from now on, all information regarding War Zone 2 will be available on my album here:
http://www.alice.org/community/album.php?albumid=19

Ill post pictures and information that you might want to know. Possibly back story and other things of that nature. Hope to get the movie out soon. And by soon I mean a really long time from now.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
I made a quick trailer that shows what I am imagining War Zone 2 will be like. There are no action scenes, so sorry to disappoint. There is dialogue describing the tone of the next movie. I hope you like it. I have not even started working on it, but I wanted to release a trailer showing what I hope it will be like. It will be more story driven. When you load it, it gives an error message for some reason. Just press cancel and it will still work fine. I hope you like. Please leave comments!

It says i have not commented, i have to say, you should of made it already, the first one was soooo goood!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Chris101b

Default 03-21-2010, 07:35 PM

Lol, I wanted to make something more original than War zone 2. Though Infiltration 2 is a sequel, I don't think of it like that as much as War Zone 2 would be. Infiltration 2 will be a lot better than the first one.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
jediaction

Default 03-22-2010, 08:42 AM

Hey Alright, im gonna talk with King Gamer and sdee if we should post the Demo for out project. Its not violent but does contain a gun. Ill give out warnings for the content(not that there is anything bad). Were gonna let ten people try it. X will be first

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames