Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

My Newest Project That I Need Help With!
Old
("Robby")

Default My Newest Project That I Need Help With! - 04-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Ok so I'm making a plane game where you need to kill the other plane before it crashes into you but whenever it starts it says "Error During Simulation." Then it says "Error During World Stop."

Here It Is, Hope Someone Can Help!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Plane Game.a2w (287.0 KB, 11 views)

Old
lanceA

Default 04-15-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ("Robby") View Post
Ok so I'm making a plane game where you need to kill the other plane before it crashes into you but whenever it starts it says "Error During Simulation." Then it says "Error During World Stop."

Here It Is, Hope Someone Can Help!
Hi Robby,
Part of writing code is developing an ability to find the problems in the code you wrote (debugging). To find your problem the first thing I did was 'disable' all of your Events. By doing this I am narrowing down where the problem code might be located. I then enabled each event, one by one, and tried to run the application. Eventually, when I enabled your Event:
While Fighter2.Condition Dead is true
and I played the application I received the error message you reported. Therefore the error 'appears' to be caused by your code in the function Fighter2.Condition Dead. Take a look in that function and see if you can locate your problem.

Good luck and let us know if you need additional assistance.

Old
("Robby")

Default 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Hi Robby,
Part of writing code is developing an ability to find the problems in the code you wrote (debugging). To find your problem the first thing I did was 'disable' all of your Events. By doing this I am narrowing down where the problem code might be located. I then enabled each event, one by one, and tried to run the application. Eventually, when I enabled your Event:
While Fighter2.Condition Dead is true
and I played the application I received the error message you reported. Therefore the error 'appears' to be caused by your code in the function Fighter2.Condition Dead. Take a look in that function and see if you can locate your problem.

Good luck and let us know if you need additional assistance.

Ok I new it was the condition thing but I looked at it over like 30 times and I can't find the error.

Old
lanceA

Default 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ("Robby") View Post
Ok I new it was the condition thing but I looked at it over like 30 times and I can't find the error.
In your Event
While fighter2.Condition Dead
disable the call to the procedure fighter2.Die3 in the During: and place it in the End: portion of the event, i.e.,
While fighter2.Condition Dead is true
Begin:
During:
End: fighter2.Die3
This removes the error message you were getting, however I'm not sure if it has other implications for your game.

Good luck,

Old
("Robby")

Default 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Thanks!