Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
jediaction

Default 02-12-2010, 07:31 PM

I would love help and its NOT for the competition. This is a project a started a while ago and i want to work on. It would be like our own Online game. Resident penguin ONLINE, Hero's ONLINE. INFLINTRATION ONLINE. These would be so popular, this community will EXPLODE!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

I will help you.
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default I will help you. - 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM

I beleive I could help you but we would need to have to cooperate continuisly and this would probably last over 3 months. But whatever time for a project like this can be made. Ok, well the only problem is if we do this you will need to beleive I could do this with a Cpanel control panel type website host. The programing would take months of trial and hour and I beleive I would need one alice world always running when the multiplayer is running that would be an admin panel. But just to tell you We should make a thread about this instead of clogging this one up.

Old
zonedabone

Default 02-12-2010, 08:28 PM

GRRR! I looked into Alice's Jython version and it is before 2.0!!!! What a fail! I'm working on a patch that people can put on their alice version that will get it up to date. I'm hoping that it will be in Alice world format, but it might be a zip file that you have to put into Alice's required folder.

'Apple Macintosh' - An anagram of 'Complaints Heap'

M.A.C.I.N.T.O.S.H. - Machine Always Crashes, If Not, The Operating System Hangs.

You're *such* a mac person.

Found where we can have servers
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Smile Found where we can have servers - 02-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Whenzonedabone or I get good enough at python to write scripts that can run directly on a server. The place we will eventually be able to do this is www.heliohost.org. We can ultimitleygo for other hosting options later on if anyone ever decides they would like to put the mony into it but for now we will be able to use this for servers.
P.S. when I say now I mean when were good enough to.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-12-2010, 10:19 PM

I am on my computer more than you think and using alice

I know
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default I know - 02-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Yeah I understand you are on alice alot but this is very complex, If you would like proof I could tell you all that would need to be done but that would take to much time. I beleive we could get this kind of stuff running in a couple months but I beleive we should start with a login program which will prove this is posible. We could create a program that alows both making acounts and logging in to play a simple non-multiplayer game. The first multiplayer game we should make should be a simpkle checkers progra so we can get all of the location info programing done. Once we can do that the rest is just incoperating the rest of the information.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-14-2010, 08:07 AM

I agree, but when do we start?

A few weeks to a month
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default A few weeks to a month - 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM

I should have the capabilities to fully implement this in a month but we could start working in 2 or 3 weeks.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-14-2010, 08:50 AM

Ok, sound great. Im going to work on the game OK. Im going to make the login screen but you can skip it then the game itself so we dont have to worry about the gameplay when were working on the real log ins

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 02-15-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Ok, sound great. Im going to work on the game OK. Im going to make the login screen but you can skip it then the game itself so we dont have to worry about the gameplay when were working on the real log ins
Ok, cool just to let you know though we shuld probably make another game later that is more calloborated but thats beside the point.

HUGE BREAKTHROUGH

I just tested a quick idea I had that would prove if two alice worlds could comunicate with each other. They can, I just tested it with Zonedabones savegame world. I opened alice twice and would type something in one and restart the other and it would instantly change. Sadly though the way that the actual server and multiplayer parts will be the hard parts to implement. I think that we could create scripts sending data to the server for the login and have the server send a cookie or something back.
I want a cookie.
P.S. This may take longer than expectedDang Jython