Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How to throw ball in a prabolic path
Old
20ali20

Default How to throw ball in a prabolic path - 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM

I know i created this thread already but everyone stopped answering me and no one really helped

I wanna throw a vollyball in a prabolic shape towards anything and make it bounce a few times once it hits the ground and also be able to choose the speed with like a Speed parameter

I really need ur help guys

Old
20ali20

Default 07-04-2011, 04:23 PM

im sorry for bothering but its for a school project and i really need the help

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 07-04-2011, 04:37 PM

You've only waited two days. Generally you have to have this thing called "patience" to ever get help from this forum.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
20ali20

Default 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuNoKaboom View Post
You've only waited two days. Generally you have to have this thing called "patience" to ever get help from this forum.
mate im not here to argue and patience is for when u got time but when i dont have much time i cant wait and you just commenting something obvious and treating me like an idiot isnt gonna help me or you

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 07-04-2011, 04:49 PM

People have tried to help, but we're not miracle workers (well, maybe some of us are) and if the suggestions in the other topic didn't help, you don't need to make an entire new topic about it. If you're really desperate, can you change your project?

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
20ali20

Default 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuNoKaboom View Post
People have tried to help, but we're not miracle workers (well, maybe some of us are) and if the suggestions in the other topic didn't help, you don't need to make an entire new topic about it. If you're really desperate, can you change your project?
i wish man i wish

and the other thread i didnt continue it because they thought i wanted some more complex version which they all said its impossible and so i dont have high hopes to get answers for that one thats why i made this one with a simpler question
just want that ball to look like when u throw it and bounce up and down a bit

Old
legolizard

Default 07-04-2011, 07:38 PM

Alright so I think I got it. What you must do is something like...

Code:
while(round(sphere's distance above ground)!=0)
{
      doTogethor{
      sphere move at speed "some speed"//This one would be your parameter
      sphere turn at speed "a speed lower than the above"//This one could be another parameter, but let's keel it a constant
     }
Now once it exits the loop I think you should what you should do is make a for loop and make it run lets say twice or whatever you like. Along with this you should also make a number variable that will decrement every time the loop cycles this variable you should use to control the "bounciness" of the ball as it slows down.

I have personally tested this and while it is not 100% glitch free it does show proof of concept. Let me know if you still have a problem.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Old
20ali20

Default 07-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolizard View Post
Alright so I think I got it. What you must do is something like...

Code:
while(round(sphere's distance above ground)!=0)
{
      doTogethor{
      sphere move at speed "some speed"//This one would be your parameter
      sphere turn at speed "a speed lower than the above"//This one could be another parameter, but let's keel it a constant
     }
Now once it exits the loop I think you should what you should do is make a for loop and make it run lets say twice or whatever you like. Along with this you should also make a number variable that will decrement every time the loop cycles this variable you should use to control the "bounciness" of the ball as it slows down.

I have personally tested this and while it is not 100% glitch free it does show proof of concept. Let me know if you still have a problem.

thanks man

alright so the code there makes it go forward and turn

as long as its not on the ground

but how about the up and down can i have that in the same area i put the code for the same while the distance isnt 0 ?

Old
legolizard

Default 07-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Yes you can, but it must be outside the while loop.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Last edited by legolizard; 07-04-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: misread above post

Here
Old
madwolf592

Exclamation Here - 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Make an invisible objsect in the middle of the screen. Make the ball shoot toward that object (make it invisible) and the bounce make it turn and move down at the same time do the opposite to bounce up.