Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 4 ITSE 1429
Old
meelabean

Default Assignment 4 ITSE 1429 - 09-25-2011, 04:00 PM

Was able to complete the 4th assignment. It was fairly easy and fun.

RE: Easy and fun
Old
ssvazquez

Default RE: Easy and fun - 09-26-2011, 10:44 PM

I found it fun too. Which object did you choose?

Assignment 4
Old
todd0312

Default Assignment 4 - 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Hey you guys:

I thought it was fun assignment too. I didn't really have much of a problem using random number to get my character to jump as they sang the song. I think the way that I did my assignment was probably a little bit different than everyone else's (though I would be curious to see what everyone's assignments's look like).

Because of this, I had various problems with my project. I had a figure jump out of a hat. He was one of the characters who already had a walking poses attached (I don't know if it was me or not - but not a very good walking pose). So... even though I would try to turn him in the right direction, I could only get him to walk backwards, and the walking pose was very awkward. Part of the walk around the hat, his feet would move, the other part he would glide.

I guess the storyboarding part was easy. My storyboard was more interesting than my final product. I had a lot of issues. I used an infinite loop, which I knew I was supposed to avoid, but... I guess I couldn't resist. It got me stuck in a particular method; I had about, I don't remember, at least 5 methods, actually more. Once I had put in the infinite loop (for a cat twitching its tail), I was only able to add new methods and behaviors within that loop.

Well, some of this is probably Greek to you guys. I went outside the scope of the assignment, beyond what I was capable of actually understanding well enough to pull off.

So, you guys REALLY ran into NO PROBLEMS at all with the assignment? I am very impressed! I did.

OK. I don't really know what else to write. Nothing to respond to in your posts, so I guess that is it.

Excuse typos. Rushing this off.

Todd

learning "pose" method
Old
hammerone

Default learning "pose" method - 10-05-2011, 01:45 PM

I’m still having a problem understanding the pose method for objects. I found a nice little tutorial that helps me understand it a little better. Check it out if you have time:

http://nebomusic.net/alicedancelesson/alicelaraspa.html

I just finished assignment 5 by the way. I like the things you can do with the If Else statement.