Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

ITSE-1429_RLForms4
Old
WindowsManic

Default ITSE-1429_RLForms4 - 02-14-2015, 09:51 AM

I finally Completed this Assignment, To be honest, I found this one to be pretty Challenging. I did not know were the random number functions was ;however, I found out that if you highlight the world object, you will find that function. Also, Since I had to redo my Assignment 3 because I did not know how to make the character look they were walking. Once I figured that out, It all came together. I had two Characters walk to the center edge of a Stadium. Once the two characters got close enough to each other, one turns around and the main Cow Girl characters starts singing the song. The Secondary Character also sings ;however, she only sings the Boom Boom verse of the song and jumps up After the Cow Girl Sings the main verse. My main Characters Jumps three times during the whole duration of the song. The duration of the jump is controlled by the random number generator. Overall, its was challenging enough. Most of the Battle when it comes to programming with Alice is familiarizing yourself with how the IDE and syntax. Once you figure that out, Its about how to logically construct you program to make it work the way you want it to.

To make this program work, I first Started out with a while loop to make my two characters walking about four steps.I put a Do Together inside the if statement to make them have the appearance of movement. My only concern I had is that I never did find out if it was possible to have my characters sing and jump at the same time. To make it easier, I made them jump first, then sing the song like a cheerleaders. If their was a better way, I did not figure out how to make those action happen at the same time. I thought the do together statement would cover that, but maybe I was wrong. Overall, I learned a lot with this assignment unlike the previous ones. I believe the next coming Assignment may be just as challenging when we do synchronized movements using list an arrays.