Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Dumb Spoof
Old
thetrippster

Default Dumb Spoof - 10-26-2006, 08:15 AM

i got bored again...... but this is one of my first boredom creations
Attached Files
File Type: a2w snakeattack.a2w (2.92 MB, 737 views)

Oh boy...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default Oh boy... - 10-26-2006, 07:35 PM

Dude.... you are one in a million, you know that right?

Old
lanceA

Default 10-26-2006, 07:42 PM

Did the homework for ya', did he?

Camera POV hint.
Old
DrJim

Lightbulb Camera POV hint. - 10-27-2006, 11:16 AM

Hope nobody actually submitted your code for homework since it left out the basic event parameter-based call the text problem asks for, among other things. (I assumed that they were part of your "to be continued" promise.) (If they did - maybe they can hope their teacher didn't read the problem either. )

One hint (my Hollywood producer smile) - when you get the start of a world looking like you like it in the camera view, it's a good idea to go ahead and drop a dummy object at the camera and then reset the camera's POV to the dummy object's with a statement at the start of the main program. When I ran your world the first time, the camera was set to what looked like the view for your thumbnail and the scrolling effect of the credits was lost completely - in fact they couldn't even be read.

.....wtf?
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default .....wtf? - 10-27-2006, 08:46 PM

Ummm... .... in english please?

I did notice that the credits did seem to roll up a tad too fast when he first shown it to me in class, but I just didn't say anything at the moment because I was laughin' so hard from the fact that he used the Jaws theme..... lol

However, I am not totally hopeless because I do have an idea.... why not change the camera view to the frogs by using the 'When a key is typed' event to sort of create a minigame...... kinda like Frogger Gone Wrong or something... avoid the snake or he'll eat the **** out of you....

........What's everybody looking at me like that for?

Old
thetrippster

Default 10-30-2006, 08:18 AM

plz keep in mind this is a project i made when i was first starting with alice. I was just posting it cause i was bored.

lol
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Cool lol - 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM

You know, Tripp, you kinda remind me of one mental image I had about Steven Segal working at a Wal-Mart... very, very, VERY creepy, I know.

Comments
Old
DrJim

Cool Comments - 10-30-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Sovereign View Post
Ummm... .... in english please?
Clear English? - to quote Ms. Piggy -"Moi?" (Besides I think that violates some rule regarding postings on software web sites.) But the point is that when you run a world, it starts with the last camera position used - so if you have a nicely framed animation it can end up totally hosed if the person viewing it has changed the camera position (to look at details for example, before he runs it). If you move the camera back to the desired position with an instruction at the start of your program, the viewer will see the same thing each time - regardless of what happens between viewings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Sovereign View Post
........What's everybody looking at me like that for?
Probably, because I think you're seting new forum records for postings per hour - not a criticism (except maybe for the Zombie stuff ). You're also getting interesting answers.

Some other notes re your postings: (I'm answering your comment to llnnin separately.)

Re Fibonacci - what hyper-advanced math? He figured out the series watching rabbits mate and have offspring.

If you like He-builder, try playing around with the skin textures - that's where a lot of the artistry is (try addiing feature outlines and shading to the face, for example). It will also get you ready for 3.0. Look at the Faeries which are all created basically on a pair (male and female) of wire frames. Be careful to keep your changes small and don't change the overall size - otherwise it won't fit right when you try to use it on the wire frame. (I attached a texture for a She-builder character - I'm not working on one from He-builder at the moment.)

Man, I'm getting as long winded as you - must be contagious.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gal.zip (314.9 KB, 519 views)

It's a disease...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Talking It's a disease... - 10-31-2006, 08:07 AM

Yeah, it's a communicable disease... and yes, I think my opinions are spreading out quite fast. I didn't even realize it until now!

Anyway, I was only asking about Fibonnaci because it sounded like some sort of Italian sausage or something.

Besides, I only post so much because I like you guys...