Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Exact Radius?
Old
evolsoulx

Default Exact Radius? - 11-30-2006, 03:38 PM

I hate to register and ask a question right away, however this problem is beginning to annoy me quite a lot, so i figured i might as well.

I'm trying to add spheres to my world, however I am trying to keep a ratio to each of them, and was wondering is there any way to either give a sphere that is added to the world an EXACT radius value. I've looked through the generic stuff, but i can't seem to find anything i need. Any help would be great.

Thanks again, i've read through a lot of what you guys have said and gotten tips and tricks from you guys, but something this simple, i must be missing something.

Answer based on quick tests.
Old
DrJim

Arrow Answer based on quick tests. - 11-30-2006, 05:45 PM

Just did a few tries - it seems a high poly sphere always starts with a radius of one meter so a simple resize should set the radius to whatever you want.

For an arbitriary diameter sphere, you can find the current diameter by setting a parameter to the sphere's width and then resize by a factor equal to the new diameter/current diameter. That seems to be accurate to within the last digit printed out.

Old
evolsoulx

Default 12-01-2006, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Just did a few tries - it seems a high poly sphere always starts with a radius of one meter so a simple resize should set the radius to whatever you want.

For an arbitrary diameter sphere, you can find the current diameter by setting a parameter to the sphere's width and then resize by a factor equal to the new diameter/current diameter. That seems to be accurate to within the last digit printed out.

I found that technique literally 5 minutes after i posted this .

Thanks for the reply tho.