Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 5, 6 and 7
Old
Diary0926

Default Assignment 5, 6 and 7 - 08-01-2015, 08:17 PM

I've done the best that I can on assignments 5, 6 and 7. I've never been so discouraged with a class, not even calculus but I wont allow it to beat me. I'm not a quitter.

Assignment #5 - I struggled with the nested if/else statement. I could get the bouncer to say welcome to our exclusive club and I'm sorry but you are too young; but for some odd reason I fought and fought with the you are too old statement. Finally after a few days of trying it this way and trying it that way I stumbled across a youtube video that helped me understand it better then the book. Thank you YouTube!

Assignment #6 - I found this assignment easier then 5. I was able to get my troll to sing the sound and count down; however my issue was with the .0. It would not leave me; finally I used the int option and in all 3 verses that I created and finally!!! All done.

Assignment #7 - This was fairly fun and a lot easier then some of the other assignments. Had no issues with the opening title or the billboard. The sounds are hilarious and I even imported one for a frog.

After reading some of the comments for Lab 3 I have some concerns but I may as well dig in. Here goes nothing...

Old
Petit Suisse

Default 08-02-2015, 07:25 AM

Indeed, but if one good thing came out of that aspect of the class it's knowing how resilient and resourceful we are.

Wow, looks like you really picked up with it, and had some good experiences with the assignments too.

Yemi and I struggled massively with lab 3 and I've been on lab 4 for a while now. If you need help or a bit of encouragement, feel free to message me. Anyone who feels that frustrated and still doesn't quit has my support any day! Just a little bit more...

PS feel free to encourage me too lol, it's been bloody hard.

Ask Here
Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default Ask Here - 08-02-2015, 12:04 PM

One option you both have, that I am not sure you are using, is to post questions here. Youtube is excellent but if you have questions the members here have been know to give answers, working examples, etc. And it is two way communication. If you don't understand a response say so and we will do our best to clarify or reinvent the answer.

We want you to understand the concepts not just get through the assignments.

Mark

P.S.
Two things to remember in programming:
  1. The darn thing does exactly what you tell it to.
  2. If stuck, beat your head against a rock until it stops hurting. At this point you will either realize the answer or become one with the universe.

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org